david brown td30

Discuss dozers here

Topic author
IANOZ

david brown td30

Post #1 by IANOZ » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:10 pm

HI guys , this is what i just missed out on on ebay. Spent most of its life sitting in a shed with its original paint.How rare are they over there or are they like my trackmashall 55's one on every corner.Its a very wide gauge.Was used for winching phone cables .I waited till the morning to ring the owner but a friend up the road pressed the buy now button at midnight , So now i've just got to drive up the road 45 minutes to remind myself It;s only the quick and the dead on ebay :doh: ian.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

John Gaunt
Flag: Great Britain

Re: david brown td30

Post #2 by John Gaunt » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:19 pm

Hi Ian,
The TD30 is quite rare over here in UK. According to my information only around 500 were made and I suspect quite a few of them went out to New Zealand.
I'm lucky enough to have one, a wide gauge like the one in your pic, but without the blade. My machine is in excellent working order and starts on the button.
I don't have a picture that I can post unfortunately, I must take some next time I get her out.

bruce oz

Post #3 by bruce oz » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:22 pm

hello ian ,here is a spec sheet for a david brown tm30 ,bruce oz

http://www.antiquefarming.com/PDF/db_trackmaster30.pdf

Topic author
IANOZ

Post #4 by IANOZ » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:04 am

Hi John and Bruce ,thanks from the replys and infomation.I went to the david brown forum and there was very little posted about them..Just got an email from him,asking for an offer on it,as he is thinking of now selling it again.Maybe he's spotted something esle that takes his fancy even more than the td30.He also has a cat d23jhe's thinking about selling. What would one be worth over there John? Certainly not interested in how much money it could be worth if we flogg it off, We [my son and i ] just love crawlers and we are not afraid to get them out and use them,not just leave them in the shed gathering dust. Apart from the steering leaver he broke off,the only things we can see wrong with it ,is two rollers ,the bushs are buggered and it has a rattlely tappet.The blade is home made but well made. The running boards are not original.Any input would be welcome .ian.

John Gaunt

Post #5 by John Gaunt » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:36 am

Hi Bruce, That's a great spec sheet you found for the TD30, very interesting.
Hi Ian, I'm not sure what a good TD30 would fetch here in UK, but I imagine it would be £3 - £5k, possibly more.
Here are some pictures I took at a crawler ploughing event in North Norfolk last year. DB were very well represented.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
IANOZ

Post #6 by IANOZ » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:07 pm

Hi John, thanks for posting the photos ,He paid 1500 pounds for it and has transported it back 2000 km home .ian.

BulldozerD11

Post #7 by BulldozerD11 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:21 pm

Heres a DB 30TD sat in the Davis shed from last weekends photo trip

Sandwiched between an County P55 Crawler (l) and a Allis Chalmers TD14 crawler (r)
Interested in Tractors, Plant, Heavy Haulage or Steam visit http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Tractor_%26_Construction_Plant_Wiki
Help document every manufacturer model build, and record every machine in preservation, clubs and events etc.

John Gaunt

Post #8 by John Gaunt » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:27 pm

Hi Dave, I think that that is actually an early DB 30T, petrol paraffin tractor. The two fillier caps on the fuel tank (actually two tanks in one, one for petrol, one for paraffin) is a give away. It is identical to the 30TD except for the engine and fuel system.
There was a 30TD at the S.E. Davis event with a winch on the back, out in the field, but I didn't get a picture of it.

BulldozerD11

Post #9 by BulldozerD11 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:31 am

John Gaunt wrote:Hi Dave, I think that that is actually an early DB 30T, petrol paraffin tractor. The two fillier caps on the fuel tank (actually two tanks in one, one for petrol, one for paraffin) is a give away. It is identical to the 30TD except for the engine and fuel system.
There was a 30TD at the S.E. Davis event with a winch on the back, out in the field, but I didn't get a picture of it.

You could be right John, now you mention it two caps are visible. :bow: As it was getting late I (id left my spare memory card in the car and had to wait for my lift to come back with it before i could do most of the yard :dizzy: ) i just went round snapping loads of photos of any machine i could get a reasonable view of. (I may need to cut back as took 600 + here & did 7500 last month with 2 events cut short with rain ) :insomnia: Taking 3+ of every tractor at each shows perhaps a bit excessive. :geek: But it does help to identify them latter as the catalogues/guides are often poor.

I got a photo of the other machine (pauls) which was parked by the steam engines in the hedge (almost) but it had no model number on or visible s/n plate to identify it from.
Interested in Tractors, Plant, Heavy Haulage or Steam visit http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Tractor_%26_Construction_Plant_Wiki
Help document every manufacturer model build, and record every machine in preservation, clubs and events etc.

XS650

Post #10 by XS650 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:39 am

Think this is TD30 , definitely David Brown with Meiller loader.
db meiller.jpg
td30
mh.jpg

david brown meiller.jpg
Not all those who wander are lost.

Return to “Dozers”