another photo from NZ.

Discuss dozers here

Topic author
dozeron

another photo from NZ.

Post #1 by dozeron » Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:06 pm

If this comes up OK, it is a shot I took of an old D8, maybe 1H or 2U and an old LeT scraper, possibly an LP. The unit was parked up for the Xmas break I think but was still in working condition and appeared to have come from a job. Compare this with the other shot I took of the Cat D7 and Cat scraper. Which one would you rather spend a working day on?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Holger
Site Admin
Flag: Sweden

Re: another photo from NZ.

Post #2 by Holger » Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:12 pm

He! Easy choice! :-)
Some resources:
How-To

Deas Plant

Post #3 by Deas Plant » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:28 pm

Hi, Dozeron.
Its hard to tell from the angle of the photo but I suspect that the old D8 may be an 8R which came between the 1H and the 2U. (Theyre dangerous machines to come between.)

No contest on the other question.
You have a wonderful day. Best wishes. Deas Plant.

Topic author
dozeron

Post #4 by dozeron » Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:45 pm

Hi Deas Plant, Seen your threads round the traps for quite sometime, live just up the road in Brissie, might catch up with you sometime. Just watched the All Blacks lose the first Bledistoe Cup game, wake-up call for them.
Best regards, Ron, (dozeron).

Deas Plant

Re: Meeting

Post #5 by Deas Plant » Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:18 pm

Hi, Dozeron.
There is a vintage weekend at Pimpama the last weekend of July, Saturday and Sunday. Heritage Park, Rifle Range Road, Pimpama. Take the Strawberry Farm exit, cross over the highway and continue South along Rifle Range Road for about a klick and the entrance is on the right with stacks of white-painted tyres either side of the driveway. I plan on being there at least one of those days.

Nick Drew

Post #6 by Nick Drew » Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:32 pm

Sounds great to me !!!

Wish I could just pop over :cry: :cry:

You guys have a great time :thumbs_up:

Nick.

Nick Drew

Post #7 by Nick Drew » Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:43 pm

Here are some old tractors from a local show in Cornwall England.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Deas Plant

Post #8 by Deas Plant » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:54 pm

Hi, Nick.
Just to make you wish even more that you could be here for the vintage weekend, I was informed last night that the vintage earthmoving people will be putting a working display this year, as per usual, and it will be working scrapers, both drawn and self-propelled. On current plans, it looks like I will be running a 3T D7 with a LeTourneau S3 cable rooter.

Now stop that, Nick. You KNOW that drooling on your keyboard is bad for it. He,he,he,he.

BTW, just to rub salt in the wound, so to speak, 2005s working display involved a Cat Number 48 elevating grader loading an Athey bottom dump trailer drawn by an RD6 and also a 15 ton Euclid. We had a Cat Sixty pulling the elevating grader until it developed clutch problems, after which we pulled it with an IH TD9 dozer. It was spectacular. (We didnt get to do a working display last year due to rain.)

This years display will most likely involve a Cat D7E with a LeTourneau LP scraper, a LeTourneau Super C widowmaker with an LP scraper, a LeTourneau D-pull scraper, either or both a D7E and/or a D8 8R dozer to push-load the 2 wheeled scrapers, me with the above-mentioned 3T D7 and rooter and possibly one other tractor/drawn scraper combination. As well, Im told that a Koehring dragline on the site will be up and running and maybe either a 10RB or an Osgood face shovel loading the 15 ton Euclid. There may well be some others that I havent heard about yet too. One possibilty is an RD4 pulling a Russel drawn grader. IM looking forward to it.

Sum Foters of 2005.

Nick Drew

Post #9 by Nick Drew » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:54 pm

Great stuff Deas!!!

Was that machine really a Widowmaker?? :dizzy: Sounds a bit scary!!

Thanks for the great shots!! :thumbs_up:

martyn williams

Post #10 by martyn williams » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:54 pm

Hello Nick
Just been reading about the Poclain in Classic plant mag.I worked on the tracked version of that machine in 1981.I resprayed it white in Beacon Plant hire colours.Also just bought a model of a D8 off Mr Sumner from Tiverton.Also had a phone call from a chap from a place called Llanboidy in west Wales,the same place I got my road roller,the son of the farmer I got the roller from works for him.Its a small world in the plant game!!!

Return to “Dozers”