Dozer

Discuss dozers here

Topic author
foxy1
Flag: Great Britain

Dozer

Post #1 by foxy1 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:28 pm

Hi, i am new to this and i need a bit of help,
iv got a 1980 IH TD8 B Series 2 Dozer, The brakes work but the pedals are nearly down all the way, can they be adjusted or is it a big job??? many thanks....

Jeremy Rowland

Re: Dozer

Post #2 by Jeremy Rowland » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:58 pm

Hi and welcome Mark :wave: there are dozer experts on this site who should be able to point you in the right direction. :thumbup:

Jeremy

romneyman

Post #3 by romneyman » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:28 pm

Hi Foxy, It's an easy job to do, reverse the machine up onto a couple of sleepers and go underneath , either side of the drawbar there are plates held in place by five 9/16 headed bolts. Remove the plates and you will see the end of the brake bands, at the ends of the bands you will see the adjuster bolt, slacken off the 3/4 locknut andadjust the bolt until you have about two inches of free play on the pedals. Tighten up the locknut and replace the plates and off you go,simples. Hope this helps
Peter

Topic author
foxy1

Post #4 by foxy1 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:54 pm

Hi peter, at the mo the dozer is in my work shop and better still its on the inspection pit, do these plates look like thin tin, rather than thick steel ???.

v1230nm

Post #5 by v1230nm » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:57 pm

Hi Mark.

From memory they are made of mild steel and have a recess around the edge where the bolts fit into. If you look at the download section in this forum, go to Earthmoving Equipment, IH, McCormick International B-100 Spare Parts, download the file and look at pages 86 and 87 you will see the plate there - item 19 which I am fairly certain is the same as on the TD8B II.

I hope this helps.

Neil. (v1230nm)

Topic author
foxy1

Post #6 by foxy1 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:54 pm

Hi, And many thanks to Peter and Neil for helping me out...I had a go at the bakes to day, there was plenty of adjustment there, but on the right hand side "would you call it a brake drum"? is a bit scarred, like the rivets have been touching, the dozer doesn't get a lot of use so i will see how it go's.... O and here's a tip for someone, i took the seat out, then made up a 3" spacer to get the seat higher up. i can see a lot more now, should have done it years ago....

Return to “Dozers”