Some old Cats of mine

Discuss dozers here

Neil D
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Some old Cats of mine

Post #21 by Neil D » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:20 pm

Hi Robert Vanatta,

I read with interest your earlier comments on FiatAllis service and parts-here in N Ireland I have to order parts from TMS in England.
Its no problem getting parts for my FD175 apart from the wait but theres not much point in trying to get service or parts from New Holland.
This seems to go for anything with New Holland wrote on the side of it.

Neil

rvannatta

Post #22 by rvannatta » Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:52 am

Neil D wrote:Hi Robert Vanatta,

I read with interest your earlier comments on FiatAllis service and parts-here in N Ireland I have to order parts from TMS in England.
Its no problem getting parts for my FD175 apart from the wait but theres not much point in trying to get service or parts from New Holland.
This seems to go for anything with New Holland wrote on the side of it.

Neil

that is a late machine, and not north america. The new holland name is successor to about 20 different us brand names
and the older stuff ---lots of luck. Fiat Allis was dropped in North America before it was elsewhere so we have a head start.

Fiat seems to one way or another own something of everything but they are not a pillar of stability.

Neil D
Flag: Great Britain

Post #23 by Neil D » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:23 am

Robert

Fiat seems to one way or another own something of everything but they are not a pillar of stability.

Yup,that is a very good description-a few years ago I read in the financial papers CNH were having a last fling at turning round the financial fortunes of their construction business. This is a major reason why I will never buy a new CNH machine,

Robert,I have seen FD175s for sale in N America on Machinery Trader .com where they are badged as FiatAllis.
If you ask me I reckon one of the big problems with CNH is that the sales guys are too lazy to go out and sell the darned things tho from what I have heard the New Holland D180 when It first appeared had backend /final drive problems due to poor R&D(the same old story).

Neil

rvannatta

Post #24 by rvannatta » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:12 am

Neil D wrote:Robert

Yup,that is a very good description-a few years ago I read in the financial papers CNH were having a last fling at turning round the financial fortunes of their construction business. This is a major reason why I will never buy a new CNH machine,

Robert,I have seen FD175s for sale in N America on Machinery Trader .com where they are badged as FiatAllis.
If you ask me I reckon one of the big problems with CNH is that the sales guys are too lazy to go out and sell the darned things tho from what I have heard the New Holland D180 when It first appeared had backend /final drive problems due to poor R&D(the same old story).

Neil

the new holland web site for NA shows some of the smaller machines, but I have trouble imagining anyone buying one.

Their best bet is to price them cheap and bid them into government purchase requests. When the government goes out for bid they almost have to accept the bid from the low bidder

Beyond that I think that CAT owns the dozer market in North America, with Komatsu a credible alternative and Deere a player in the smaller sizes, and yes Case (a CNH company with a different paint job).

CNH also has the KOBELCO brand of excavators and various things that is marketed North America.

With a full line of construction equipment under the Case name and and particularly excavators under the Kobelco name
both of which are well accepted, There is not much reason for them to lose a lot of sleep over whether the New holland
name is successful or not.

One of the advantages of owning both sides of the street is you get the customers money no matter which door they walk in.

Return to “Dozers”