Steering clutch adjustment fiat 605 c

Discuss dozers here

Mrsmackpaul
Flag: Australia

Re: Steering clutch adjustment fiat 605 c

Post #11 by Mrsmackpaul » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:42 am

If it hasnt done much work the clutches might be just sticking a bit or maybe they are all full of gunk and cant move fully but If they are releasing most of the time it most likely will come ok just by giving it some work

Paul
Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

kiwicrawler
Flag: New Zealand

Post #12 by kiwicrawler » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:41 am

can someone put up a photo of the drain plug location please yet to source a manual for my machine

Mrsmackpaul
Flag: Australia

Post #13 by Mrsmackpaul » Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:17 pm

Jason welcome mate there is a manual on the forum for a 505 just go into the down loads upper left hand corner of the screen

app.php/dl_ext/?cat=47

Paul
Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

kiwicrawler
Flag: New Zealand

Post #14 by kiwicrawler » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:31 pm

cheers Paul thanks I've downloaded that.still a little unclear on it all have 2 22mm odd plugs that sit directly below the drivers seat . i don't want to drain the gearbox or final drive so just seeking confirmation about 100mm apart from memory.

Fiat505C

Post #15 by Fiat505C » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:24 am

Depending on your machine you may or may not have drain plugs for the steering clutches.
My machine (UTB445) only has 2 small holes tapped into the housing which block up easily. With a genuine Fiat, you should have 3 drain plugs (east to west) if the front of the machine is north, visible all in a row when crawling under the machine.
The 2 outmost plugs are for the steering clutches. The central plug will drain all your gearbox oil out.

This picture shows what you need to be doing.

Steering deposits.tiff
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fiat505C

Post #16 by Fiat505C » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:28 am

Mrsmackpaul wrote:If it hasnt done much work the clutches might be just sticking a bit or maybe they are all full of gunk and cant move fully but If they are releasing most of the time it most likely will come ok just by giving it some work

Paul

I'm just wondering how far backwards people are pulling their clutch levers to get activity/action on the clutch?
I'm finding that I need to pull my clutch levers back pretty far to get them to cut drive and function (even after supposedly adjusting them correctly).
I'm wondering if the wedge that acts upon the roller cam is perhaps worn down and not providing enough travel for the clutch.

Will take a picture when I have time and upload it.
Would appreciate it if those that also have these machines could pop their inspection covers and provide a pic to show me to condition of your Cams and rollers.

Thank-you

Return to “Dozers”