Case 850- vintage

Discuss dozers here

Topic author
joerobinson

Case 850- vintage

Post #1 by joerobinson » Thu May 07, 2015 11:40 am

I am new to this forum, so please go easy on me, am not expert on these things. Figured here was a good place to find some info on the old beast on our farm. We have an old Case 850 dozer, non-runner. Doesn't look very pretty and is taking up too much room. Was bought as a non-runner years ago as a project and has never been touched (due to too many other projects!)

Where would you recommend advertising such a machine? How am I best to work out an approximate valuation?

Many thanks in advance for any help

TrevorJ
Flag: Australia

Re: Case 850- vintage

Post #2 by TrevorJ » Thu May 07, 2015 12:04 pm

Welcome to the forum :wave:

Probably an explanation as to what you blieve is working and what's not, what the running gear is like would be a starting point.

Topic author
joerobinson

Post #3 by joerobinson » Thu May 07, 2015 12:09 pm

Apparently it is a 60s/70s model. Injectors and starter motors missing. Don't know much else sadly. Is that any help?

FOWLER MAN
Flag: Wales

Post #4 by FOWLER MAN » Thu May 07, 2015 5:11 pm

Hi Joe,
If I was bying your machine to restore, taking into account the probable cost and possible difficulty in obtaining replacement parts, I would sadly expect to pay little more than scrap value.
An engine that has stood long term without injectors could be problematic.

The real value hinges on the condition of the running gear. That is always expensive to replace, and may allong with other items, be sought after for another machine.
Fred

Topic author
joerobinson

Post #5 by joerobinson » Thu May 07, 2015 6:05 pm

Hi Fred

thank you for the reply. I would prefer the machine to either be restored or go for parts, the last thing i want is for it just to be melted down. What would 'scrap value' on a machine like this likely be approximately?
Thanks

Mrsmackpaul
Flag: Australia

Post #6 by Mrsmackpaul » Thu May 07, 2015 9:26 pm

Welcome Joe

Scrap value wouldnt be high as scrap prices are quite low at the moment as the world ecomey is in a slump these days

As to where to advertise I guess it would depend on what part of the world your if you were in Australia the machine would be worth than if you were in the UK or the US

Depending on how brave you feel it might be worth spending a few weeks trying to get it back together and going because as it sits any buyer can only assume that nothing is working at all

Paul
Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Topic author
joerobinson

Post #7 by joerobinson » Thu May 07, 2015 10:17 pm

Our location is SW Wales, UK

Return to “Dozers”