Need help with Fiat Hesston 605

Discuss dozers here

Mrsmackpaul
Flag: Australia

Re: Need help with Fiat Hesston 605

Post #61 by Mrsmackpaul » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:59 am

Paul I would camber the road into the embankments if it goes the other way the roads tend to wash real bad maybe ? who knows which ever way you go it will most likely wash the other way thats the way it seems to work for me

Is the air cleaner blocked is it an oil bath air cleaner you may need to pull it out and dig all the mud out of it
also may need to wash the wire gauss out soak it for a few days in kero petrol or diesel for a few days

Paul
Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Topic author
Paulz

Post #62 by Paulz » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:08 am

That makes sense, the only problem is I've cambered the U-turn at the bottom in the photo the other way, toward the inside of the corner, thinking that seems right as far as driving (if you slide or lose your brakes going down the hill you stand a better chance of making the turn), so it would have to transition the other way after the turn.

Good ideas, I need to service the air filter. Thanks Paul

Topic author
Paulz

Post #63 by Paulz » Sat May 02, 2015 1:57 am

Hi Fellas,

Finally have my road in a fairly consistent grade so had some time to play with the Fiat today. As you can see in the previous photo it's been smoking blue quite a bit. Today when I fired it up it was missing at low speed and I noticed whenever it would miss it would cough out the blue smoke. When I first got it running it did not smoke a whisp, and the only thing I've messed with is the injectors. I disconnect the air cleaner hose today, didn't help. I decided for some reason to crack the injector lines while it was running to see what would happen. As soon as I cracked the first one and let some fuel spray out the smoking stopped completely. I repeated this at every injector with the same result. Tighten them back down and the smoking starts again. I'm wondering if maybe I have the pop off adjustment incorrect, even though it starts and runs great.

Paul

Mrsmackpaul

Post #64 by Mrsmackpaul » Sat May 02, 2015 9:23 am

dunno Im not that smart

:? :? :?

Topic author
Paulz

Post #65 by Paulz » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:43 am

Few, finally found this thread again. Today I was pushing dirt uphill and my right steering clutch, which has been stuck (engaged) since I got my dozer a year ago, finally freed up (had the lever tied back)! The bad news is now it won't engage. I took the inspection cover off and I what I can see of the clutch is spinning, but no drive to the track. Hmm...any ideas?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mrsmackpaul

Post #66 by Mrsmackpaul » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:14 am

well thats all good news maybe is arm 29 the arm that connects to the clutch handle linkages ???? if so does it return or maybe the arm is stuck on a pivot ????
maybe number 30 is stuck on the spline ??

Paul

Topic author
Paulz

Post #67 by Paulz » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:26 pm

hi Paul. I think you nailed it. I am at it now. I pulled the inspection cover off the other side and i can see 30 move back and forth but not the right side. The operating lever moves the other lever but it must be just flexing. I oil down there, stuck a torch on it as best i could but no go so far. Hoping i can get it loose and the clutch then grips.

Topic author
Paulz

Post #68 by Paulz » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:49 am

I'M GOLDEN!!! Was able to gradually work the lower lever back and forth while hosing liberally with oil until it broke free. Clutch both holding and releasing. Im turning right!!! Yippy!!! Thanks for the help, beers on me!

Fiat505C

Post #69 by Fiat505C » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:55 am

Good to know you've got it all sorted out.
I'd like to see some more pictures if you have them of the work you're doing and the machine doing it.

Mrsmackpaul

Post #70 by Mrsmackpaul » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:20 am

woohoo yep need picture's movies the lot now

great to hear you got it all sorted funny how much can be fixed with out spending bugger all just some time and patience fantastic result I bet you were thinking this clown from down under has no idea this aint never gone free up dont worry I was thinking the same thing LOL

Paul

Return to “Dozers”