Cat D8 dozer & Vickers towed scraper on eBay?!

Discuss dozers here

Topic author
Gavin Phillips

Cat D8 dozer & Vickers towed scraper on eBay?!

Post #1 by Gavin Phillips » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:43 pm

I'm not the seller! :lol: But thought it worth bringing this item to the attention of anyone who hasn't seen it already.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cat-Caterpillar-D8-Bulldozer-earthmoving-/181533237859?ssPageName=ADME:SS:SS:GB:1120

What a marvelous team that'd make, both vintage machines looking in very good condition! It'd be great to see them working for sure. Is £10k (starting price) a decent sum for this does anyone think? Obviously that won't include haulage costs but I really hope both dozer and scraper find a good home!
Look out that window, Eden isn't burning. Its burnt.

tctractors
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Cat D8 dozer & Vickers towed scraper on eBay?!

Post #2 by tctractors » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:02 pm

Gavin, the old chariot is not in bad nick it used to belong to John Collins, the 14A series tractor is fitted with the D342 engine that also went into the D8H and D8K, not at the same power output though and after loads of mods/changes etc, the oil filled steering case (wet deck) was also a great help with the drivabilty of the beast also needing a lot less fettling, £10K does not go very far with D8's but this 1 is up and running O.K. and would go to a show and run sweet.
tctractors

p.s. if you need it to run sweeter call me.

Return to “Dozers”