Fowler Challengers

Discuss dozers here

Tassie fowler
Flag: Australia

Re: Fowler Challengers

Post #51 by Tassie fowler » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:49 am

Hello, just reviving this thread. :wave:

This is the 3 with the Meadows engine, it has been sitting here for a long time (late sixties I think)

And this is with the Leyland engine.

It would be nice to have reduction as reverse is too fast, especially since it is a bit steep here, the blade is probably a tad heavy as reversing back up hill makes the rear of machine rare up. and obviously not enough power at that reverse speed.

George

just dozin

Post #52 by just dozin » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:27 am

i agree with reverse being too fast, and not enough guts up hill in reverse. are these pics from your spare parts machines. do you have one running?

Tassie fowler
Flag: Australia

Post #53 by Tassie fowler » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:48 am

The one with the Leyland is running, doing a heap of work on it at the moment, the other is spares. need to update the thread as I am getting stuck back into it this year.

Tassie fowler @ Fowler resto tas

just dozin

Post #54 by just dozin » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:44 pm

G 'Day mine has a winch on the back, was going to take it off but i heard they were a bit front heavy so i left it on to balance it so the back don't rear up. on the power side of things, if you can get hold of a leyland 680, put that in to boost your low down. i've got a horizontal 680 which i want to convert to a vertical and put it in one day. they will go straight in, just getting the time to do it is the problem, one day. i live on steep country so it needs the extra torque.

Return to “Dozers”