International 500E

Discuss dozers here

Topic author
confused

International 500E

Post #1 by confused » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:51 am

Hi I am new to this site I have International 500E crawler that when you start it won't move you have to let it run for a while then it will catch and work well forward and back . The thing that I am wondering is why it has to sit and run for up to half an hour before it moves. When it starts moving it will Also does any one have a repair manual on the drive train or pics . I am at work so will not be able t work on for three weeks.

Steven Allemand

martyn williams

Re: International 500E

Post #2 by martyn williams » Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:43 am

Sound like the poweshift transmission needs a service, oil condition ? oil level low ?. What are the gauge readings when the machine is first started ? I worked on a IH 125 series 2 once with same symptoms, the trans fluid was low and discoloured, should be cheery pop coloured. pinky red.
Martyn

Topic author
confused

Re: International 500E

Post #3 by confused » Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:49 am

Ok what kind of oil goes into the transmission . everything I read just says hydraulic fluid is there a certain viscosity ? one said dexron 2 . The fluid in it is pretty clear it is just tractor hydraulic fluid. could the steering plates cause the same problem? the temperature stays the same on the transmission and the water . doesnt really change. I am in singapore right now and going by memory . Does the trans have a filter . I plan on checking the hydraulic reverse? to make sure it is working correctly.

Return to “Dozers”