Theives

Discuss dozers here

bigkit
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Theives

Post #11 by bigkit » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:12 pm

I'd steal it back........possession is 9/10ths of the law, flip it on its head..........if that's the law it should apply the same to both parties, let the other party do the running.......put yourself back in the driving seat, I would! ;)

Jeremy Rowland

Post #12 by Jeremy Rowland » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:19 am

bigkit wrote:I'd steal it back........possession is 9/10ths of the law, flip it on its head..........if that's the law it should apply the same to both parties, let the other party do the running.......put yourself back in the driving seat, I would! ;)

Sounds like a plan to me Clive :thumbup:

Jeremy

FOWLER MAN
Flag: Wales

Post #13 by FOWLER MAN » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:28 pm

Hi,
Reading your posts Re. Police and trailer theft reminded me of an incident a few years back.

One wet and windy night I had an Ifor Williams trailer taken from my place. :(
I discovered it allmost immediately and reported it to the law. I explained it was a 16ft trailer with galv. sides and four wheels. I gave them the serial No. and even gave them the make of the two rear tyres as I had just replaced two of the original Michelins. :thumbup:

A few days later I received a call from a particularly stupid policeman. :doh:
I'm "PC Plod," he said. I have been allocated to this case. Can you describe the missing vehicle.
I told him they had the details, but I had to go through the whole thing again. :roll:

"Yes but what collour is it," he said? I repeated Galvanised. "What colour is that," he said? :doh: I explained galvanised. :roll:

His next question I couldn't beleive. :o
"Yes but is there anything we'd recognise, like a tear in a seat or a special stereo fitted"? :doh:
I put the phone down in disgust and never heard from them or saw the trailer again.
Fred

Mrsmackpaul
Flag: Australia

Post #14 by Mrsmackpaul » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:29 am

FOWLER MAN wrote:Hi,
Reading your posts Re. Police and trailer theft reminded me of an incident a few years back.

One wet and windy night I had an Ifor Williams trailer taken from my place. :(
I discovered it allmost immediately and reported it to the law. I explained it was a 16ft trailer with galv. sides and four wheels. I gave them the serial No. and even gave them the make of the two rear tyres as I had just replaced two of the original Michelins. :thumbup:

A few days later I received a call from a particularly stupid policeman. :doh:
I'm "PC Plod," he said. I have been allocated to this case. Can you describe the missing vehicle.
I told him they had the details, but I had to go through the whole thing again. :roll:

"Yes but what collour is it," he said? I repeated Galvanised. "What colour is that," he said? :doh: I explained galvanised. :roll:

His next question I couldn't beleive. :o

"Yes but is there anything we'd recognise, like a tear in a seat or a special stereo fitted"? :doh:
I put the phone down in disgust and never heard from them or saw the trailer again.
Fred

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paul

the sad part is this is all to common and just in your country
Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

TrevorJ
Flag: Australia

Post #15 by TrevorJ » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:03 am

Naivety, more pressing/troubling incidents/problems along with an inability to fathom a peculiar crime, and a slim chance to be able to prosecute any offenders, are elements which are universal which result in a reluctance to invest too much time.

Sadly I think the police strike too many people who just jump the gun and are too quick to blame the first people who spring to mind.

Return to “Dozers”