Fiat dozer, might be a BD14?

Discuss dozers here

Topic author
Gavin Phillips

Fiat dozer, might be a BD14?

Post #1 by Gavin Phillips » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:31 am

I spotted this rather worn out Fiat angle dozer on my travels down on the south coast and have spent about an hour looking at images of Fiat/Fiat-Allis dozers to see what I could match it up to. Not so easy! They seem to have a large number of either factory or 3rd party cabs added to the machines; maybe a result of the originals not often being fitted with such before ROPS became required by law.

I'm tempted to say its a BD14 angledozer, I do have a brochure for this model kicking around somewhere but its still not an easy machine to identify.

Any ideas?

Best regards

The full size image can be found here: http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7379/13006805314_a3436505a1_o.jpg

Gavin
Look out that window, Eden isn't burning. Its burnt.

Deas Plant

Re: Fiat dozer, might be a BD14?

Post #2 by Deas Plant » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:20 pm

Hi Gavin.
Does this help?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
You have a wonderful day. Best wishes. Deas Plant.

Topic author
Gavin Phillips

Post #3 by Gavin Phillips » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:30 pm

It certainly looks a very similar sized machine! This could well be it really. However I notice there's something lacking on the dozer I snapped. On the Fiat-Allis machine, there's a box-shaped feature to the left of the cab door. This seems to be present on many different track loaders and average sized bulldozers but missing on my picture. But this is good input, it means I have at least an idea of where to look and what size/weight of a machine it is.

Many thanks!

Best regards

Gavin

Topic author
Gavin Phillips

Post #4 by Gavin Phillips » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:19 pm

Thinking it could be an AD14 angledozer...the extra attachment point on the dozer blade arms is also featured on the brochure I have on the Fiat AD14, but isn't present when looking at the BD14 which I guess is just a standard machine. I wonder just how easy it was to re-set the entire blade assembly so the cylinders would lock into a proper angling dozer position? Certainly no PAT-blade on this machine!

Many thanks to you, Deas Plant, for giving me a good head start on identifying this bit of kit. I only wish I had more pictures of it...

Best regards

Gavin

Deas Plant

Post #5 by Deas Plant » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:33 am

Hi, Gavin Phillips.
AD14 = angle dozer - BD14 = bulldozer. If you take a close look at the FULL-sized version of your photo on the flickr site, you may just notice the front corner of a similar-looking tank - hydraulic tank - INSIDE the right hand side, behind the doorway, of the cab of the dozer in your photo - which is OUTSIDE on the machine in my photo due to the different construction of the cab.

BTW, I am not CERTAIN that it is an AD14. I only supplied that photo for comparison, but the blades aside, they sure do look a lot alike.

Just my 0.02.
You have a wonderful day. Best wishes. Deas Plant.

LDK
Flag: Great Britain

Post #6 by LDK » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:42 am

Hi, I have run a couple of 14's like the one in the first picture, I am not sure but I think they where "FD"14 models. I didn't think they where a bad tractor, one of them had the tilt on a separate lever which I didn't like. They both had manual angle blades. Angling the blade is a quick job if everything is free, 5 to 10 minutes.

Russ

bigkit
Flag: Great Britain

Post #7 by bigkit » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:26 am

I can identify the location.................Hastings :lol:

Topic author
Gavin Phillips

Post #8 by Gavin Phillips » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:36 am

bigkit wrote:I can identify the location.................Hastings :lol:

Quite so. :thumbup: A nice place I thought, although I didn't have time to take the trip up the "Hill Cliff Railway", but always something to keep in mind for a future visit. Shame to see the pier in such a state; I do remember seeing it in flames on TV some time ago. Although reconstruction work has begun.

Thanks for the replies, plus now at least I know that the "box shape" is actually a hydraulic tank, it'd make sense why its something of a common feature on these machines...unless hidden by the cab anyway. :lol:

The size, shape and position of the engine ventilation covers (long since removed on this machine, if they were ever installed in the first place) seem to confirm that it is indeed an AD14. The body panels also have a triangular edge to them (partially hidden by the blade cylinders so not always easy to see) on this machine where-as the vast majority of larger or smaller models do not. I'm fairly confident that this is indeed an AD14. :ugeek:

Best regards

Gavin

Wombat
Flag: Australia

Post #9 by Wombat » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:21 am

Tractor is either AD14 or AD12, nothing to differentiate between the two, either could be direct drive powershift or torque converter powershift. AD12 125hp, AD14 140hp

Topic author
Gavin Phillips

Post #10 by Gavin Phillips » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:56 pm

I wasn't aware there was an AD12 model, this I must look into, maybe hunt around for a brochure so I can try and compare pictures with the one I snapped.

Very intriguing, thank you.

Return to “Dozers”