Anyone identify this Dozer of mine.

Discuss dozers here

tctractors
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Anyone identify this Dozer of mine.

Post #11 by tctractors » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:57 am

Deas, I can see I will have to keep my eyes on you??? as its the 100B 125B not the B100 B125, the place the BBBBBB gets parked up against the numbers is of some very large changes in the shape of things. ;) ;)
tctractors

Deas Plant

Post #12 by Deas Plant » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:39 am

Hi, TC.
Well, you probably see more of 'em than I do anyway. I'd reckon it would be 20 - 25 years since I have even seen one from a distance, never mind gotten up close and personal with one. I think there was a song that was somewhat related to this current situation. IIRC, it was called, "Movin' on".

"Big 8-wheeler comin' down the track
Means your true loving daddy ain't a'comin' back.
I'm movin' on."

They were a good little loader in their day, no question, but a Cat 953B is a whole lot better machine to operate. I moved on.

Just my 0.02.
You have a wonderful day. Best wishes. Deas Plant.

Topic author
darklegend

Post #13 by darklegend » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:03 pm

Been down the field today. It's a forlorn beasty....

IMG_0606.JPG
IMG_0580.JPG
IMG_0581.JPG
IMG_0582.JPG
IMG_0583.JPG
IMG_0584.JPG
IMG_0587.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by darklegend on Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
darklegend

Post #14 by darklegend » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:13 pm

A few more..

The rear pipes disappear up the side nearest the hydraulic lever but I didn't investigate much further, it's wet and I need a torch and mirror at least.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
darklegend

Post #15 by darklegend » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:21 pm

The label inside the battery door confirms the blade arrangement it should have as per the video on page 1.

Jeremy Rowland

Post #16 by Jeremy Rowland » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:22 pm

I see that some of the 'newness' has worn off it but its not undoable that is assuming you want to restore it?
If it was mine and I did not want to restore it then I would at least advertise it in the back of the Classic Plant rag to see if anybody else was interested rather than letting her see the gas axe.
Nice pics BTW.

Jeremy

Topic author
darklegend

Post #17 by darklegend » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:23 pm

Under the grime it confirms it's a TD8 B..

Topic author
darklegend

Post #18 by darklegend » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:38 pm

Jeremy Rowland wrote:I see that some of the 'newness' has worn off it but its not undoable that is assuming you want to restore it?
If it was mine and I did not want to restore it then I would at least advertise it in the back of the Classic Plant rag to see if anybody else was interested rather than letting her see the gas axe.
Nice pics BTW.

Jeremy

I'm pretty keen now actually. We've got about 18 acres and a half mile long dirt track to work, so it can certainly still do a job. To realise any decent money i'd have to at least get it running moving and the blade going up and down so I may as well fix er up and use it.

The cab work is pretty simple really, a few sheets of 2mm a grinder and my welder will have that serviceable. I've a contact that can cut and harden glass for me and the door and other bits are still knocking round in the ditch behind the house!

It was all working when it threw the track so i'm going to hope there isn't thousands of pounds of mechanical work to do. Change all the fluids out, run her up again and free off the stuck lever. Track on..

It'll be that easy :shifty: :lol:

Just got to finish the 3CX first.

Topic author
darklegend

Post #19 by darklegend » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:53 pm

Re: remounting the track, the plan is to heat up and drift out one of the pin links and re-lay it over the front roller and then pin back in. (EDIT: and fit a new spring..)

Is there a simpler way? That's how my old man has done it in the past IIRC.. (also why there are 2 plates missing on the track already) (Do you have a specific split link like a bike chain?? !!)

Mrsmackpaul
Flag: Australia

Post #20 by Mrsmackpaul » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:29 am

all dozers I've worked on there is always a special link to split and does not require heat to remove never split tracks on one like your but woul think it would be the same ???? having said that I have never split tracks to get back on just back them of and use block and tackle and and jacks to slowly put back on as your track looks loose might not even have to loosen off and a lot of crawlers have hydraulic adjusters and are done with a grease gun good luck seeya
Paul

ps wouldnt heat up track as will make the pin and bush soft and then it will wear quickly
Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Return to “Dozers”