International TD9 manual to hydraulic blade conversion help

Discuss dozers here

IANOZ

Re: International TD9 manual to hydraulic blade conversion help

Post #31 by IANOZ » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:14 pm

Hi Aussiemf , come on mate ,i am champing at the bit ,How did things go???? ian.

Topic author
AussieMF

Post #32 by AussieMF » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:16 pm

Only got home at 6.30pm. Well what a weekend, not much good and a hell of a lot of bad. :arrrrgh: :arrrrgh: :arrrrgh:
I am still on the lookout for a dozer driver to sort the road out, this guy only has a D7 and a 30T excavator and he reckons he'll be struggling with the D7. :doh: I thought he had an 8.
So I will wait until after xmas to sort it out as I won't have any free time now, and there is a guy closer to Bundy with a D9/10 or something it is a bit mother apparantly with a single shank ripper nearly 6' long :claphands: twice the price per hour but it will get through. After my last effort with contractors I want to be there for every bit of dirt he turns to make sure the job is done to my satisfaction this time instead of them packing up and going home when I'm not there to see the end job.

Now as for how the TD9 went :arrrrgh: :arrrrgh: :arrrrgh: We found water in the power shift :doh: , how it got there we don't know, and the dozer wouldn't drive up a steep hill we have in our driveway to get me to the top of the 2nd ridge, my little MF got up there ok, but I think the water has fouled the oil enough to cause a loss of drive, flat ground is fine and it will rip and push fine on flat ground but as soon as it gets on a steep angle it losses drive, forwards or reverse, so we'll do a complete fluid and filter drain sometime.
But the biggest issue we have is the tracks.
I did the left track 3 times in 50m on the side of a shitty rocky hill :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: we have nice firm track tension, but from what the bloke who came to look at the road today said, the left track doesn't have the track/ rock gaurds on the lower rollers, and he said that is what keeps the track on is it, the right is fine but I did have all the weight on the left track with the way we were going. It has guards on the front inside and outside edges but not the second set, but there is quite a big gap between the guard and track, obviously worn enough to let it jump off, was very painful seeing as we were side ways across this slope.
I took a heap of pics so will start a new thread asking for advise.
We got the machine up there for $160 :claphands: but I might end up bringing it home here to Hervey Bay and dismantling the tracks and rebuilding all the guides and stuff and sort the tilt blade out, fluids etc all here rather than trying to do it all in the scrub, I've got a genset welder and all the gear to do it up there, but it is soooooooooo dry I'll end up starting a major bushfire, plus I only get a day here and there to work on it up at Gin Gin and it means I have to cart all my stuff up there, whereas at home here I can pick away at it.

IANOZ

Post #33 by IANOZ » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:11 pm

Hi Aussiemf, Yes isn't it amazing what they forget to tell you what's wrong with it ..Rock gaurds will help keep the tracks on but if the pins amd bushes are worn ,you will be fighting an uphill battle. My trackmarshall 55 loves throwing tracks. You need to feel the bush to see how much wear is in it .If the bush is worn through its well and truly buggered .But pin wear is the biggest problem,,grab a hold of one of the track plates and liuft one side ,and push down on the otherside to see how muchmovement there is internally in the pins . I wish i was a bit more organizsed.On the weekend there was a tractor show at bullyard that i only found out about the day before .If we had gone down to it ,could of slipped out and meet you . There is a place in bundaburg that does pins and bushs.I can give you his PH No if your interested .ian.

Topic author
AussieMF

Post #34 by AussieMF » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:50 pm

I saw the signs for the tractor pull when I was heading to pick the dozer up, the pull was only a few km's from where we picked the machine up.
I've downloaded my pictures off my camera so will get them uploaded in another thread asking about the guides and stuff.

IANOZ

Post #35 by IANOZ » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:43 pm

Hi Ashley Just thought of some thing else ,if the track was sitting up on the roller flanges and not completely back on when you tightened the track up .When it sat back in the right place it would have loosened the adjustment back off . ian .

vfinau

Post #36 by vfinau » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:47 pm

a

Return to “Dozers”