D11R repairs "Down under"

Discuss dozers here

Nick Drew

Re: D11R repairs "Down under"

Post #41 by Nick Drew » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:12 pm

Hi Guys,

I was sent the following email during the week and was wondering if any of you know the answer to it ?

Hi, Nick:

I was taking a look at your CAT D11T Action Shot blog and see that the D11T you show has handrailing on the operators platform. I am a US resident and have not seen handrails on the Cat dozers/loaders over here. Are there UK or other EU standards that require these handrails? Do they come from the manufacuturer or dealership?

I appreciate any information you could share with me. Thanks a lot!

Basilbrush

Post #42 by Basilbrush » Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:26 pm

Brilliant thread with some lovely pictures.

A very merry Christmas to everyone

BB

Gavin84w

Post #43 by Gavin84w » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:33 am

Nick Drew wrote:Hi Guys,

I was taking a look at your CAT D11T Action Shot blog and see that the D11T you show has handrailing on the operators platform. I am a US resident and have not seen handrails on the Cat dozers/loaders over here. Are there UK or other EU standards that require these handrails? Do they come from the manufacuturer or dealership?

I appreciate any information you could share with me. Thanks a lot!

Certainly in Australia we are the leaders in putting excess on machines when it comes to hand rails and any other invention you can dream up that will have minimal cost per ton gains but apparently make life safer for the operator. Some mining machines see as much as $400k of local spec put on them by the dealer. Don,t get me wrong i have no qualms with safety and it,s intent but some of the stuff that goes on is just not breeding a good safety culture at all because people are going to hop on a mchine that has $400k worth of safety stuff on it so i must be safe.

Safety is all about attitude not whether you have the latest wiz bang gadget to get you into the cab but nowadays developing that attitude has become the core of the problem.

martyn williams

Post #44 by martyn williams » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:02 pm

Great photos there,in the UK there are regulations that if you work above two metres there has to be staging or a barrier.As you say sometimes the bolt on safety items can make people too complacent.
Martyn

Basilbrush

Post #45 by Basilbrush » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:03 am

Brilliant thread, any more pictures to come? Clicked to keep it on top page.

BB

Return to “Dozers”