Neil Dillon,s D9G

Discuss dozers here

Topic author
plantman

Neil Dillon,s D9G

Post #1 by plantman » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:01 am

Went down on Friday to do some maintance work and a oil leak on the hydralic pump on Neil,s D9G ( this would be my favourite tractor and love the snort of her engine ). An O ring had perished on the pressure pipe.
This tractor is a credit to Neil as is is in top condition and what it needs it gets all genuine CAT parts. I then spent some time ripping rock for Neil which was enjoyable.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

komatsu d475-1

Re: Neil Dillon,s D9G

Post #2 by komatsu d475-1 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:14 am

Hello Noel,
Good to meet u the other day,
Cheers Mervyn :thumbs_up:

Neil D
Flag: Great Britain

Post #3 by Neil D » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:40 am

Thanks Noel and thanks to Mervyn for a look around the 475

Neil

martyn williams

Post #4 by martyn williams » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:38 pm

Hello Noel
Bet you had a good time with that beast,the Dozer,not Neil :lol: Looks a great machine.
Happy new year to both of you,Hope to see you at a Cat do this year
Martyn

Topic author
plantman

Post #5 by plantman » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:55 pm

Yes Martyn, a great machine and a great way of stress relief, peace and Quiet, (with the ear muffs on) Ha Ha :lol: :thumbs_up: and as allways looking forward to the CAT AGM. happy new year to you all.

Neil D
Flag: Great Britain

Post #6 by Neil D » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:49 pm

ooh Martin,you are AWFUL lol

Neil

nick lamb

Post #7 by nick lamb » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:44 pm

Hi Lads,nice to see Neils D9 at work.We don't see enough of this tractor here :( .Hope we see the scrapers this season too.Somebody's got to get some work.Noel,Neil was telling me you were having trouble with o.rings keep blowing this week in the hydraulics :( sticking valve spool perhaps?)it might cure itself hopefully :thumbs_up: .I've had bother too this week.It has been minus 10 here a couple of times and just about everything I have was giving little,unexplained headaches.Monday...Everything ok(I was expecting some hassle after the holliday and cold snap)Tuesday......D5 not charging(turned out to be a broken terminal on the alternator)D8...new amps gauge from Cat not working(Had the recon alternator packed up???or perhaps a faulty gauge?I don't know but it's fine now :dizzy: Waggon...brakes went spongey(still not quite fixed this yet as they keep curing themselves).JCB...batteries went flat(couldn't be arsed with it so I left it :lol: )Wednesday.Forktruck no 1 lost transmission drive(oil level was ok so I let it warm up and it cured itself :thumbs_up: )Range Rover wouldn't start :x (it's only got 40k miles on it!,typical Land Rover rubbish).Thursday....D8 lost oil pressure(this was serious)checked dipstick and it was low on oil :(It hadn't leaked out or burned so where the hell did it go???)The engine seemed fine but pulled the filters as a precaution and they were spotless.Chucked 3 gallon of oil in her and fired it back up.The oil pressure shot back up :D :D and my heart restarted beating :lol: .So the engine was fine but where was the oil.I kept checking every 15mins and it was dropping abit.The tranny level was starting to rise.All was becoming clear now,It was transferring from the engine into the tranny,but how?Only 2 ways that I can think of.Through the tranns pump seal or the crankshaft seal.Both problems are very rare in my history.I let her tick over for 15 more mins and dipped again....It had lost some more...I decide to pull the pump first as it's only a 5 minuit job so I crack her back up again to track it over to the hard standing.It's now that the tranny won't pick up pressure.This is actually a relief as its clear that the tranny pump is definately dodgy.I strip it down and imediatly see that the pump had failed totally and that the bearings have pushed their way through the seal.At least I know what happened to the engine oil :roll: .A call to Jimmy Gaughans to get a new pump sorted and he says that it's still under warranty :) and that I can have another one.By Friday morning the D8's fine and working away sound.Thank God for that!.
Saturday(today)....forktruck no 2 breaks down.....Frozen fuel.I can live with that.The water in the office freezes(I can live with that too)The waggon brakes go funny again...........Ah well,all in all an interesting week of fun and games.I'm going to the pub tonight,I deserve it!!
Roll on next week :thumbs_up:

argie
Flag: Wales

Post #8 by argie » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:12 pm

Quiet week then Nicky! :D Just what you want after the Xmas break :dizzy:
Paul

v64paul

Post #9 by v64paul » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:42 pm

given his recent run of luck nicky wil have to be careful where he goes drinking. i'd hate to think of him getting abducted by aliens outside mr smith's or something. 8-)
there are old fitters and bold fitters but no old bold fitters...

nick lamb

Post #10 by nick lamb » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:07 pm

:lol: I only drank half pints last night and asked my Dad to collect me and my wife at 10.30pm incase more strange things happened to me!!

Return to “Dozers”