AIR COMPRESSORS

Discuss all other compact equipment and attachments here

Topic author
martyn williams

AIR COMPRESSORS

Post #1 by martyn williams » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:51 pm

I think you all would agree that one on the most important items of plant that is often forgotten about are air compressors.
When I was a kid I used to be amazed by the amount of work a gang of Paddys with air road breakers could get through.These guys worked very hard digging trenches for gas pipes in our streets.I have restored a HYDROVANE 90 that has proved very reliable.I will post pictures shortly,have any of you got pictures of Broome Wade,Hydrovane,CP or Atlas Copco compressors?
Martyn

d4c24a

Re: AIR COMPRESSORS

Post #2 by d4c24a » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:13 pm

hello martyn i saw this one at the dorset steam fair last year cat powered
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
knowing less and less about more and more until pretty soon i will know almost nothing about practically everything

Topic author
martyn williams

Post #3 by martyn williams » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:39 pm

Hello Graham
I took a picture of that machine at this years Dorset.
My Hydrovane has a Perkins 4108 in it. Most of my plant days I worked on Consolidated Pneumatic compressors and air tools.We also had three Hydrovanes in the fleet.
Another bit of machinery at the Dorset was A "banjo" compactor which to operate was a H&S nightmare.I also carried out a few jobs converting IH tractors and fitting them with Broome Wade compressors for Constable Hart a Devon based road repair contractor in the 1980s. I think the tractors were 4242 machines.
Any pictures out there of this strange machine?
Cheers
Martyn

Topic author
martyn williams

Post #4 by martyn williams » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:31 pm

Found some old pamphlets.
One a Hydrovane 75 cfm single tool, compressor and a Monair compressor. I only ever saw the Monairs on British rail, they were a powered by a Dorman diesel but the air end and engine were within a 6 pot block with three being diesel and three being the compressor side.I guess they were built eary to mid 1970's
Martyn
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Misc Compact Equipment/Attachments”