Couple o Cat skid steers

Discuss skid steers here

Topic author
SRB
Flag: Great Britain

Couple o Cat skid steers

Post #1 by SRB » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:51 pm

Went to inspect a couple of our Skid steers other day, thought i'd share a few pics as this topic is looking a bit anemic!

A 226 and 246, both working in paper recycling application, 3500 hours on them and fairly square looking machines, not given us too much grief, although the 226 has had a new engine already which was changed under warranty due to a core plug coming out. Only real fault on them was a lack of grease, nice shiny silver pins that squeak and squeel. broke the grease gun out and had a word in the foremans ear and problem solved (hopfully)

Only thing against them is the solid tyres which does loosen your fillings a bit, but i don't have to sit in them all day!

SB
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
He who hingeth aboot, getteth hee-haw

Nick Drew

Re: Couple o Cat skid steers

Post #2 by Nick Drew » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:50 pm

Hi Stuart,

Nice to see some different kit here at CMN :thumbs_up:

I hope someone get's a good kick up the arse for the lack of grease!..... No excuse in my book for not greasing or looking after kit in general :x

Nick :P

IBH

Re: Couple o Cat skid steers

Post #3 by IBH » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:25 pm

Great photos,its 10 years (this year) since CAT started its skid-steer and mini excavator lines.

Return to “Skid Steers”