what is machine is it??

Discuss skid steers here

Topic author
gamble.greg

what is machine is it??

Post #1 by gamble.greg » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:22 pm

Does anyone know what it is and maybe how old ?
Bobcat.jpg

All i can tell is that it isnt a Bobcat, and isnt a Case............
Cheers, Greg.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GG

IANOZ

Re: what is machine is it??

Post #2 by IANOZ » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:43 pm

Hi Greg, I thought at first glance it was a clark 610 [bobcat] or a 1700 mustang ,but the short lift rams rule them out . What ever it is ,I would say keep walking and don't look back. .The style of the machine looks early 70s . I know yanmar built a machine also back then,I think they had a manual transmission and steering clutch type setup like a dozer .The 610 and 1700 were belt drive and friction clutch drive .Any thing like that run ,run away very fast .ian.

Topic author
gamble.greg

Post #3 by gamble.greg » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:22 am

the people that own it said that it is an International Harvester ??????? Didnt know they were in the game...........looking like I need a new pair of runners to get me away fast enough :lol: :lol: belt drive and and steering clutches........doesnt sound good...........sounds a bit like an orphan.....
GG

Topic author
gamble.greg

Post #4 by gamble.greg » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:16 pm

I have some more information, I know, I should have been running by now, but you nkow when you just have a bit more of a look over your shoulder............ :o :o :o........Inter 3200, the pic is a bit small but the best i could find......
any experience with this ?? Its got a pump for each side which drives a chain
Onto each set of wheels ,model 3200 international, any idea what it weighs ??
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GG

IANOZ

Post #5 by IANOZ » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:07 pm

Hi Greg , As you and i and probably three quarters of the world have never seen or heard of them before. I dare say they were not very popular . Unless your going into collecting vintage tractors i would steer well clear of it .Maybe look on the redpower forum , and you may get some info there . ian.

Topic author
gamble.greg

Post #6 by gamble.greg » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:44 am

I took the running away option................someone yet to be disillusioned payed about $3,500 for it........
GG

IANOZ

Post #7 by IANOZ » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:04 pm

Hi Greg, A skidsteer around the place is a very usefull addition,But the right one is of more use than a bucket of bolts one.The fowler is a labour of love,but i dare say your home time is pretty valuable and you don't need to be spending half a day fixing some thing, to be able to then use it on a half hour job . Speaking of wasting time fixing broken things ,Did you see the Cat D46U dozer on ebay next town west of you .3 grand buy now ,but its got a smashed final drive housing ,but the guy saya he has the replacement plarts.It Would keep the fowler company while your away :mrgreen: :lol: .If it was the next town over from usit would no longer be for sale :lol: . I think we could sqeeze one more in the shed.,You could learn to swear real good with a pilot motor mate :thumbup: .ian.

Topic author
gamble.greg

Post #8 by gamble.greg » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:23 am

I know your right cobber...........the wife would love one to death and probably get to use it more often than me too............I did see the D4, I am going to go to that guys place as it is only 20 minutes from us and have a look at a couple of tractors he has for sale as well............the D4 would keep the fowler good company, I can have a look at it for you mate while I am there :mrgreen: :thumbup: yeah, and I just love them pilot motors too....... :doh:
GG

IANOZ

Post #9 by IANOZ » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:00 pm

Hi Greg, Did you get to look at those tractors and D4 yet? At least it is possible to get most cat parts if you need them . ian.

Topic author
gamble.greg

Post #10 by gamble.greg » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:31 am

I did go and look at them mate, the guy is a diesel/farm mechanic, the dozer is looking more like scrap than a rebuild, a bit cheaper would make it a viable project, the Case tractor was enormous and just too big for the job i had in mind, and the Nuffield is the right size, but the hydraulics is in question and i would prefer power steer on it as i want to put a fork lift on the front and my post driver on the back and leave it setup permanant, so if you hear of about a 70 to 80 hp tractor with p/s for 2 to 3 grand let me know.............
GG

Return to “Skid Steers”