Takeuchi Track Loaders

Discuss skid steers here

Topic author
ryan

Takeuchi Track Loaders

Post #1 by ryan » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:46 pm

Hi,

Can we have some opinions on the Takeuchi tracked loaders?

Ryan

IANOZ

Re: Takeuchi Track Loaders

Post #2 by IANOZ » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:26 am

Hi ryan,Does not seem to be much interest in skid steers on here. We have toyota sdk8,mustang 960 and new holland ls 170 skid steers but no experiance with the tracked ones.Have heard that undercarriage costs are high from guys that have run them and cheap from the guys trying to sell them. You may be better off joining the heavy equipment forum in your search for answers.ian.

SRB
Flag: Great Britain

Post #3 by SRB » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:07 pm

Dealings i've had with them is that they are a little long in the ass, when trying to shape a batter or ramp up they hang up alot.

Of course, if you are not doing this type of work, not a problem. undercarriages, if well maintained, shouldn't be too much of a problem, depends on the jockey more than anything.

What type of work you looking for it to do?

SB
He who hingeth aboot, getteth hee-haw

spod

Post #4 by spod » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:13 pm

Having run Bobcats for many years I think they are marvelous for so many applications by design they are very busy in use and subject to heavy tyre wear i.e. constantly skidding around on their own axis. The tracked Takeuchi I would imagine would be very good though Ive never seen one on site only at demos which was impressive. My thought about them was if they were as bad on track wear as they are on tyres say no more. Also you cant really say wear would be down to the driver because thats the way you have to drive them if you take my point. :|

TaylorLambert

Post #5 by TaylorLambert » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:36 am

They are pretty tough machines. I think they were the first to make the ctl. I remember when I was a kid looking at old Rock and Dirt mags my brother would give me. I remeber seeing these neat skid steers with tracks. They ride really well. THe only tracked loader like that Ive run several hours was a T190 BC. No bounce and great floation on the all gravel beach I was redoing. I have also rented the Takuechi and thought is was a rather well made machine didnt seem to have all the complicated addons.

SRB
Flag: Great Britain

Post #6 by SRB » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:30 am

Kinda off on a tangent........ :offtopic:

they also make good office furniture!

Also nippy, could only snap this one in a blur!

SB
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
He who hingeth aboot, getteth hee-haw

Return to “Skid Steers”