Mini Excavators Queries

Discuss compact excavators here

Topic author
Nick Drew

Re: Mini Excavators Queries

Post #11 by Nick Drew » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:35 am

Well yesterday we went to look at a .....wait for it .......Daewoo :lol: :lol: mini digger up in Kellands yard in Bridgewater Somerset, Now I have never been a fan of Daewoo equipment to be honest, as I have had some bad experience's with 13 tonners in the past so it came as no suprise that these used mini diggers were just awful :cry: It was like stepping back in time inside the cab, very basic!! it wouldn't track in a straight line and there was a lot of play in the dipper arm pivot.

I just had to go and see it though just in case it was ok as the price was quite reasonable,
and the Cat rep I have been speaking to says they do not have much to offer me on my budget :dizzy:

It is now looking like I will go for the Volvo EC25 that I originally looked at if it hasn't been sold :?

Any way here are some shots of the "shake, rattle & roll" Daewoo!! :lol: :lol:

Nick :P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Robban_C

Post #12 by Robban_C » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:38 pm

Some play in the dipper bushing is a minor problem as long as it has not worn through the bushing but a mini that do not travel straight should be avoided at all costs if you ask me.
And look at the engine hood. One corner is broken. How do they do that? :dizzy:

A used Volvo is probably a better choice. Not a perfect machine but most surely a long lasting machine with pretty good performance.
Volvo EC45 PRO -06
Volvo EC35 -01
MB-Trac 800 turbo
Bigab 10-14 hook lift trailer
MF 3165, Poor Ferguson

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/RobbanxC

Topic author
Nick Drew

Post #13 by Nick Drew » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:01 pm

A used Volvo is probably a better choice. Not a perfect machine but most surely a long lasting machine with pretty good performance.

Yes Robban I agree, at the end of the day I know that the Volvo will do all I need it to do around the fields at home, it is not really my intention to go out on hire on it on a regular basis ;)

I cannot believe how difficult it has been to get a deal going at the right price for me :dizzy:

The Volvo is not a done deal yet :? but hopefully tomorrow will bring some more positive news :roll:

Topic author
Nick Drew

Post #14 by Nick Drew » Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:03 pm

Hi all,

Well the Volvo deal ran into some problems mainly as a result of a less then helpful and rather rude :x salesman at their Duxford headquarters, firstly they refused to deliver it for me without a charge and wanted me to pay £350 to do it, then when I asked them to fit a radio once more a charge of £150 was qouted :x Finally after this guy left a rather snotty message on my answer phone I decided to cancel :thumbs_up:

Anyway that is all water under the bridge now as today I finallised a deal with local plant sales company Plant & Engineering Services to purchase a used Hitachi Zaxis 30, this machine is a 2005 model with only 1149 hrs on the meter and comes complete with 4 buckets.

I must say a MASSIVE thank you to their salesman Mike Murphy and his Wife Carole who treated us very well this morning. They were very nice people to do business with :thumbs_up:

You can find out more about this sales company by visiting their website http://www.pesplant.co.uk

All things being well the machine should be at home with us by next weekend ;)

It will then be available for hire either operated by Nick or on a self drive basis to suitable competent hirers :dizzy: :lol:

Here are some shots ....

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
Nick Drew

Post #15 by Nick Drew » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:14 pm

While at Plant & Engineering services depot yesterday I was given the chance by Mike to take some photos of other machines in the yard and also in the workshop.

PES plant are main dealers for Ausa, Volvo Compact range, Benford/Terex, and Cormidi to name a few.

Here are a few shots ....

Robban_C

Post #16 by Robban_C » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:37 pm

Some comments:
The EC55B has a VERY good reputation. Very smooth to drive and almost never any failres. One of the best compacts Volvo has made.

That EC25 seems to have the long dipper.

Is it just rubber inserts on the 88 or do they change to rubber tracks?
If they change the complete tracks to the other type they have to move the bottom rollers to the alternative holes or the machine will be very uncomfortable to drive.
Or was that on the ECR58? No, I think it was on the 88. Or maybe both?

Nick, you can always have a "stiff" bucket and a separate tilting device like I have. If the customer accepts the extra cost you bring the tilting device. If they do not accept that extra cost do not use it.
And of course if you work at a fixed price you use it.
Volvo EC45 PRO -06
Volvo EC35 -01
MB-Trac 800 turbo
Bigab 10-14 hook lift trailer
MF 3165, Poor Ferguson

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/RobbanxC

IBH

Post #17 by IBH » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:35 pm

The EC55 should be going cheap soon as there is a C series version on the way to market.

SRB
Flag: Great Britain

Post #18 by SRB » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:07 pm

Thats a nice looking mount you got yourself there Nick, are you going to invest in a quick hitch?

Just needs some signwriting on her and your away!

SB
He who hingeth aboot, getteth hee-haw

Topic author
Nick Drew

Post #19 by Nick Drew » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:26 pm

SRB wrote:Thats a nice looking mount you got yourself there Nick, are you going to invest in a quick hitch?

Just needs some signwriting on her and your away!

SB

Yeh Thanks Stuart,

Shame the Cat guys couldn't get on the case :? But never mind maybe next time eh !!

Yes I will be looking for a quick hitch but I will have to save some pennys again first as I have spent more money on this machine then I really wanted to :dizzy: :( :lol:

Sign writing will also be on the to do list at some point after I have touched up some of the paintwork :roll:

Also if anyone knows of a place where they are breaking one of these machines I would be interested to know about it, as the bonnet is the only thing that lets this machine down :roll: as you may of noticed there are no photos showing the bonnet :oops: it has a few dents in it nothing drastic but enough to p**s me off !! :lol:

Any ideas guys ?? :thumbs_up:

Topic author
Nick Drew

Post #20 by Nick Drew » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:51 pm

Ok, The machine was delivered to home on Friday night by PES salesman Mike and his Wife Carole.

This morning I done a bit of touch up work to the orange paint work, sadly I do not have any spray facilities here so a bit of brush work was the best I could do :cry: but from a distance it looks ok :thumbs_up:

Then it was down to the lake area to do a bit of clearing up from a recent visit here by the tree surgeons and a bit of playing about :lol: :lol:

Here's a few shots!!

Nick ;)

Return to “Compact Excavators”