Post #2 by Nick Drew » Sat May 10, 2008 11:26 pm

They were and IMO still are awful things !!! :( :(

Nick :P

Topic author
IBH

Re: JCB Compact Excavators.

Post #3 by IBH » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:42 pm

Complaint over JCB ad upheld
A complaint brought by Kubota about an advertisement in which JCB claimed its Mini Excavator was the "UK's best selling mini" has been upheld by the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA).

Having assessed all of the available information, including the market research JCB said backed up their claims, the ASA determined that the ad breached codes pertaining to substantiation, truthfulness and comparisons.

According to the ASA assessment, the advertisement, published in September 2007, relied on data from 2006. And that in fact, "independently verified data for 2007 produced by JCB's preferred market research company closely matched Kubota's data for that year, and both showed Kubota were market leaders in 2007."

The authority concluded that, "by relying on 2006 data, JCB had selected elements of the comparison in such a way as to give them an artificial advantage."

JCB have offered assurances that the ad will not be repeated

http://www.buildersmerchantsjournal.net ... +ad+upheld

Topic author
IBH

Post #4 by IBH » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:13 pm

JCB and Kubota in ad claim dispute
Published: 18 June 2008 09:29 Author: Richard Stirling More by this Author Last Updated: 18 June 2008 09:29

Increase image
View all images
An advertisement by JCB has sparked an indignant response from competitor Kubota.
The Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) this month upheld a complaint from Kubota about JCB's claim that it made the UK's best selling mini excavators.

Kubota complained that JCB's boast relied on sales figures for 2006 and not the latest 2007 figures. The ASA said: "We noted that the difference in terms of percentage market share between JCB and Kubota for mini excavators was small in both 2006 and 2007.

"We noted JCB had relied on sales and market share data from 2006 to make the claim 'the UK's best selling minis' and considered that the basis for the claim should have been stated in the ad."

The ASA's investigation also sparked a row over what constitutes a mini excavator. The association said JCB's research gave sales figures for minis weighing between under one tonne and four to six tonnes. The company also referred to minis in the six to eight tonne range.

The ASA found when it came to machines of one to six tonnes, Kubota had the greater sales by volume and market share for 2007. The association also named the firm as winner for machines of between one and three tonnes.

Kubota, however, has since caused confusion in a subsequent press release: "Kubota is the UK, European and world leader in mini excavators and provides the widest range of minis available from a single manufacturer. Customers can select from 19 base models, spanning the weight range from 850kg to eight tonnes."

http://www.cnplus.co.uk/plant/news/2008 ... spute.html

Joes1989
Flag: Great Britain

Post #5 by Joes1989 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:12 pm

Ive been on one of our JCB 8025 zts mini digger layin concrete for edgings all day today and found it too be an excellent machine....far better than the kubota's ive been on in the past....a little rocky at full reach with a ditcher full of conny but other thar that its been excellent.

Its the first jcb ive operated and wasnt expecting much as ive rarely heard good things about jcb's product's but i was pleasently surprised...if only the cab was bigger :-(

Joe

IANOZ

Post #6 by IANOZ » Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:45 pm

Hi joes1989,I have found my 8080 a very nice machine to operate.The only kubota i have operated was a 4 &1/2tonner, being a dry hire machine i think it was backed off it the power department ,as i was not all that impressed with its performance.As far as the cab size goes ,i am sure it is difficult finding room in any two and a half tonner.We have a yanmar vio30 with just a sun canopy and it seems to have plenty of room but it would soon feel cramped with a cab.As for it being a little tippy at full reach ,dont forget concrete is heavyer than dirt and maybe the bucket your using is a little to large for the job. I knowthe mud bucket supplyed with my8 tonner was about400mm wider than the one on my normal tailed 7&half tonner.No tail equals no counterweight for that sort of job.When digging swimming pools ,my old normal tailed excavator could walk almost half its track over the edge of the hole to clean up the dirt that rolled out of reach, The 8080 withzero tail swing,i am flat out getting 1/4 of the track over the edge and it wants to fall in the hole.ian.

Joes1989
Flag: Great Britain

Post #7 by Joes1989 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:24 pm

The cab is fairly small but it doesnt help having to find somewhere to put my legs,had to pur my 6ft 4" inch frame into the cab was fun, i think one of the guys videoed it as he thought it was hilarious.

Joe

IANOZ

Post #8 by IANOZ » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:01 am

HI Joes1989, Yes I guess compact excavator and 6ft 4inch operators dont really sound like they should go together and work real well. Sounds like your boss is practising to be a curcus ringmaster,with you as the clown with the big shoes in the little car. I worked with a guy who had been badly burnt in an accident and his hands where just about claws. Our bossess would put him on the massey 50b 4 lever backhoe i operated most of the time.. It was amazing he could even work those tiny short levers.Left alone he was slow but he got the job done ,till some idiot foreman would try and hurry him up , then he would just go to pieces. Bossess do need to think abit more about what they do. ian.

Topic author
IBH

Post #9 by IBH » Fri May 14, 2010 4:34 pm

JCB 8016, built 2010, so pretty new.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
IBH

Post #10 by IBH » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:21 pm

Some JCB mini excavator spec sheet covers. Not seen an early 803 with the grey boom, dipper and cab like the original 801 before.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Compact Excavators”