Takeuchi Excavators

Discuss compact excavators here

Topic author
Nick Drew

Re: Takeuchi Excavators

Post #11 by Nick Drew » Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:25 pm

Thanks Robban, for that first hand example of the terrible British attitude!! :cry:

I have experienced a lot of that attitude, one guy said to me "we dont need those type of gimmicks here How do you think we have got by for the last 30yrs"

I said "Well we all used to go down to the end of the garden to get milk from the cow, but now it comes in bottles delivered to our door"!! Time moves on and so should we!!! :mrgreen:

Nick

Robban_C

Post #12 by Robban_C » Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:23 pm

Times are changing and so are the competition.
They don´t need a rotortilt today because nobody else has it in GB. But they can choose between getting one now or in the future as well as they can choose between beeing ahead of the competition or just beeing part of the competition.

And to be really true:
No, I don´t use a rotortilt on my machine. But at least I use a tilting head.

Good night to you all machine nerds! :mrgreen:
Volvo EC45 PRO -06
Volvo EC35 -01
MB-Trac 800 turbo
Bigab 10-14 hook lift trailer
MF 3165, Poor Ferguson

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/RobbanxC

Lars-Gunnar
Flag: Sweden

Post #13 by Lars-Gunnar » Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:08 pm

Off topic!

I think the British peoples has always been conservative and walked their own way. It can be both in their political system and among peoples in general. It is both good and bad depending how we non-British see on it and maybe even for the Englishmen themselves sometimes.
The British has solve their needs on another way as works to their satisfaction. Maybe we Swedes think they could have better equipment and so on but attitudes and national character is the factor as settle how everything will be done or how.
As Nick said bottles with milk is delivered to the door. It is strange for us Swedes as have to go to the food affair and buy a litre or 2. But for our English friends their system works and is old and not strange for them.

Lars-Gunnar :mrgreen:
AMD computers and Volvo trucks is best

Ross

Post #14 by Ross » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:34 am

they are without doubt the best mini diggers on the market (in my opinion)

Well thats good enough for me. :thumbs_up:

Ive never worked on Takeuchi minis but i have spent some time with BobCat, Volvo minis and there a nightmare to work on. The JCB machines are the worst for repairs as the Main Valveblock and center swivel are one unit and burried in the middle of the dam thing :x There fun to drive though :D

Ross

Topic author
Nick Drew

Post #15 by Nick Drew » Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:24 pm

Ross wrote:
they are without doubt the best mini diggers on the market (in my opinion)

Well thats good enough for me. :thumbs_up:

Ive never worked on Takeuchi minis but i have spent some time with BobCat, Volvo minis and there a nightmare to work on. The JCB machines are the worst for repairs as the Main Valveblock and center swivel are one unit and burried in the middle of the dam thing :x There fun to drive though :D

Ross

Well Ross,

I think Takeuchis would help you guys a lot also, because the whole cab tilts over to one side to allow great access to most components, they seem to have thought about everything!! :thumbs_up:

nixs

Post #16 by nixs » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:08 pm

Tilting the cab is one thing on Neuson i like, didn´t know that Takeuchi had it to. My brother works with Neuson ompact excavators and they seems real nice!

Ross

Post #17 by Ross » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:31 am

Tilting cabs are always welcome :thumbs_up:

Is this a standard fitment? even right down to the very light machines?

Ross

Topic author
Nick Drew

Post #18 by Nick Drew » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:44 pm

Here are a couple of shots of a Takeuchi TB125 2.5 ton machine that we have on hire at the moment operated by Steve Andrews.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
Nick Drew

Post #19 by Nick Drew » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:34 pm

Here are some shots of the little Takeuchi TB125 trying to deepen a water pipe trench that had already been dug!! another case of bad forward planning or lack of it!!

I have to admit I was expecting to see this machine slip into the trench all afternoon and had my camera ready for some great shots for the accident thread!! :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
Nick Drew

Post #20 by Nick Drew » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:42 pm

Here is a shot of a Takeuchi TB016 that has recently been bought by the firm that I am sub-contracting to, ADS (South West) Ltd.

This 2006 model machine only has 285 hrs on the clock and is in excellent condition and will primarily be used on the smaller jobs and for weekend rental.

It was bought from Scottish based UK national hire company Morris Leslie Group.

Note my current "drive" the TB145 on the bank performing topsoiling duties.

Nick :thumbs_up:

Return to “Compact Excavators”