Powerfab Stock

Discuss compact excavators here

Topic author
newjcb123uk

Powerfab Stock

Post #1 by newjcb123uk » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:47 pm

Just bought a stack of Powerfabs in the last couple of weeks. I'm so used to selling 12 tonners and minidiggers that I thought I'd better investigate the doorway digger concept. I remember first driving a Powerfab 125WT whenever I was around 13. Dad and I hired it locally and the amount of work we were able to do with it was phenomenal :claphands: To be honest I've bought these with my heart rather than my head. 6 in total so far. :shock:

All will be refurbished so hope to have a group photo in the coming weeks. :geek:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"A man reaps what he sows"

Localdiggers.co.uk

Re: Powerfab Stock

Post #2 by Localdiggers.co.uk » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:13 pm

ive never used one, how do they compare to the micro machines EG kubota 008? they always seem to attract a lot of bids on ebay, ive never seen one in action but seems to me they are limited movement wise

Topic author
newjcb123uk

Post #3 by newjcb123uk » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:32 pm

Well Dan the tracked micros obviously did away with the orginal Powerfab design concept - however the cost comparisson for the self builder speaks for itself £10k for micro. Yes I have to agree the lack of 360 degree does have its drawbacks but so does the backhoe loader compared to a tracked 360 excavator. The powerfab was designed to be towed behind your van to a job without the need for a trailer and just dig and scrape in the most basic fashion. The versitility of modern micros does highlight the orginal powerfabs basic concept.
"A man reaps what he sows"

Localdiggers.co.uk

Post #4 by Localdiggers.co.uk » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:26 pm

am i right in thinking its moved through a house very easily? we can put the micro machines in to a house but its a lot of hassle, either way those and the rough neck skip loaders would seem to be very in demand so surely a good buy on your part. look forward to seeing how look when you are finished

IBH

Post #5 by IBH » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:19 pm

31/05/1991 Construction News:
POWERFAB ACQUIRES MANOR EXCAVATORS
Mini excavator manufacturer Powerfab of Gwent has acquired Manor Excavators. Production of Manor mini and micro excavators will be transferred to south Wales.The firm has also been appointed sole UK distributor for RoeCo Plant's skidsteers and small plant. RoeCo is the Lancashire-based importer of Czechoslovakian plant, including the ZTS skidsteer badged as the Ferret.Powerfab has backed its decision to take on the RoeCo machinery with a commitment to sell at least 50 machines in the first year.
Source: http://www.cnplus.co.uk/news/31may91-uk ... 03.article

And:
03/02/1994
PATENT ROW HITS POWERFAB MINI - SITE DUMPER.
By Mike Woof and Dan Gilkes report on the latest launches at Hirex 94.A patent dispute may cloud the launch of Powerfab's articulated mini site dumper.The machine is based on a dumper that was originally made in the UK and sold under the Keetona name, but French firm Pel-Job claims that it owns the patent rights to the design.Pel-Job initially manufactured the model under licence from Keetona and the firm says that it later acquired the rights from the designer. And the French-built Pel-Job has been sold as the ED750 for around two years.But Powerfab claims that it has bought the rights to the dumper from a former director of Keetona, which went into receivership last year.The dispute centres on the skip-raising mechanism which is said to be patented.The dumper's high lift skip allows discharge into storage bins 1.133m from the ground.Both models share similar specifications, four wheel drive, 990mm width, 800 kg unladen weight and a 750 kg payload capacity but use different transmission systems.Powerfab will have no such problem with its new wheel-mounted 360 micro excavator which has been designed in-house.Weighing just 210 kg, the machine can be towed by a car and is available with wither diesel or petrol engines.It can dig 1.5m deep with a 500 kg force and slews through 360 deg.
Source: http://www.cnplus.co.uk/news/03feb94-uk ... 22.article

dieselsamurai
Flag: Great Britain

Post #6 by dieselsamurai » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:51 pm

Here is my PowerFab they made 360's as well, very well made and simple. This is a Samuri they made a few other types of 360's too, mine was made in 1995
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

essexpete

Post #7 by essexpete » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:06 am

Is it jest me or does that look like a Pel Job?

BulldozerD11

Post #8 by BulldozerD11 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:23 am

Good buy there Chris as a lot less complex than a 360 and still being made. hire cost on a 360 would soon buy one of those i would hav thought so if you have regular need to dig a bit now and then its alot cheaper and less effort than the Mk 1 shovel. (best kept for leaning on now days)

From SED last year

and here is an older one still working

Be alright for the nephew for Christmas but his dad may not agree :lol:
Interested in Tractors, Plant, Heavy Haulage or Steam visit http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Tractor_%26_Construction_Plant_Wiki
Help document every manufacturer model build, and record every machine in preservation, clubs and events etc.

dieselsamurai
Flag: Great Britain

Post #9 by dieselsamurai » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:00 pm

Samurai Model did look abit like a Peljob eb 12 but differs on many things, data plate says it was made in wales and all the spares i bought for it came from microplant who hold most of the spares now for older models, Main difference on powerfabs is that the boom ram is on top of the boom instead of under it like peljob,kubota etc

Seanyboy

Post #10 by Seanyboy » Sun May 09, 2010 5:41 pm

am looking for a power fab 1200 xd in that range have a powerfab 360 w in original condition just needs a touch up with paint all parts in good condition looking to sell of part exchange for 1200 xd in good condition if anyone is interested? what kinda price for 1200xd and a 360w?

Return to “Compact Excavators”