Topic author
IANOZ

Re: jcb 8080 excavator

Post #41 by IANOZ » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:42 pm

innes , fingers and toes crossed mate, legs and arms too. ian

muckshifter

Post #42 by muckshifter » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:56 pm

the 8080 has been a disaster since they launched it, when i was with the dealer we were never away from them, it was starting to get beyond funny the faults we were going out to, top and bottom of it poor product.... :doh:

Topic author
IANOZ

Post #43 by IANOZ » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:15 am

HI SCOTT, Thanks for the reply YOU would think a company the size of JCB would try and do their best to look after customers WHO have bought these lemons . INsteed they seem to have just swept it under the carpet and forgot about it . JUST after i bought it I LOOKED ON THEIR WEB SITE AND IT WASN'T IN THE PRODUCT LINE. Sorry about the change in print .the cat had her paw on the key,she wiped on my last post just as I almost had it finshed so starting again. HAPPY customers buy more machines.I wont touch another JCB with a ten foot barge pole,and tell anyone thinking about buying one to run the opposite way. IF and when this thing is back running again .i am going to email mr banford and let him know what i think about the product and the service .Probably won't get passed the minders but it will make me feel better. .ian.

Joes1989
Flag: Great Britain

Post #44 by Joes1989 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:12 pm

Well i have a mate who's a JCB fitter and he says they dont really get many call outs on 8080's and that they only ever get new ones in the yard.

Joe

Topic author
IANOZ

Post #45 by IANOZ » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:22 pm

HI joe, I just went to the jcb web sites to make sure of my facts before opened my mouth , and it doesn't work !!!! I went to three different sites and not one of them worked ,every time i tryed the site just gave an error message. Iwanted to make sure of what i was saying [8080 does not appear on product list] was right . IF they proud of there product IT should feature there not deny its excestance .Dealers here will not bring anymore into the country. ARE JCB still making new ones ? NO OFFENSE INTENDED to you or your jcb fitter mate but he is employed by jcb ,bit hard to go against the company line, when they pay his wages each week . YOUR post has been the first positive one I have recieved so thank you for posting but the scales are tipped in the oppisite direction every other reply i have got have not had one single good thing to say about them .look at the takeuchi thread . I dont know if all brands are having computer problems .RObert [robban c] said the computer was replaced twice by volvo in six months in his machine which tells me volvo had a faulty batch of computers ,but they fixed the problem.He now has over 4000 hours on the machine with no further problems. I have now gone over six weeks with the machine being broken down . MATE it is all wearing a bit thin in the humor department. ian.

d4c24a

Post #46 by d4c24a » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:43 pm

i used to operate a hitachi ex 135 for a small contractor ,had the machine brand new
it was about 14-15 months old when one day i was loading muck away and it just stopped ,i turned the key and it fired back up ran for 5 seconds then stopped i checked fuses ,connections at batterys etc no joy
anyway next day HM plant send out a fitter when we started it we noticed no ignition lights or gauges ,fitter was certain it was the alternator but after checking no joy all seemed good ,anyway the day goes on check just about everything around 2 pm he find,s relays burnt out behind right hand cab panel ,swops some about and we dash light and gauges ,start the machine and back to square one
so at this point he decides its the computer and phones depot to send one out £4500 ,in the mean time he rings another fitter and is discussing the problem ,the other fitter must have more experiance as he now does not want to fit the computer that has just turned up :lol:
after some more "fault finding" he discovers that one wire in the main joint plug where the wires leave the cab is causing the problem a jumper wire fitted over the plug and its all good :thumbs_up: no new computer needed just some new relays and a bit of wire

i also noticed the jcb site is down maybe overloaded with 8080 owners :lol:
knowing less and less about more and more until pretty soon i will know almost nothing about practically everything

Joes1989

Post #47 by Joes1989 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:36 pm

Topic author
IANOZ

Post #48 by IANOZ » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:13 am

HI JOE . thanks for that .I have never been able to access that information . AS I have said from the start I like the machine BUT!!! OVER all width of machine still is stated as 2300 blade is 2320[blade] and when bolt on rubber track pads are put on it becomes 2320. I have just about destroyed a set of aluminium loading ramps because of the extra width of the tracks.20 mm may not sound like much but the salesman knew that was overall width of my truck was 2320 and the machine wouldn't fit. I have asked the service department for the last 18 monthsfor the fitter to pop in to down load the computer memory when he is in the area .as it will be $1400TRAVELING I dont want to pay for a ten minute job WE have just bought a fowler VF Dozer and learning all about following it with a spanner in hand as it shakes it's self apart ,I expect that for 60 or 70 year old tecnology IT's half the fun of owning it but expect a little more from modern tecnology. 3 sets of hydraulic pipes and fuel tanks that crack and split because of viberation ,the list goes on and on.MAYBE JCB has sorted the problems out finally in the new machines .I wouldn't wish what i have gone through on anyone. but they should stand up and take respossibillity ,not bury their heads in the sand and hope the problems go away. ian.

Topic author
IANOZ

Post #49 by IANOZ » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:51 pm

HI GUYS, well the saga is finally over . After getting the machine into their workshop on monday for them to fit the computer I finally got to pick it up at 4PM thursday afternoon. YOU want to be stuffed around by experts , BUY a JCB in australia. I will only get in trouble with "those who watch" if I give my opinion of the service or lack of it i have put up with so I shall say no more .ian.

innes

Post #50 by innes » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:04 pm

IANOZ wrote:HI GUYS, well the saga is finally over . After getting the machine into their workshop on monday for them to fit the computer I finally got to pick it up at 4PM thursday afternoon. YOU want to be stuffed around by experts , BUY a JCB in australia. I will only get in trouble with "those who watch" if I give my opinion of the service or lack of it i have put up with so I shall say no more .ian.

Good news at last Ian, hope it keeps going, seems a bit extreme to have to send it to a workshop to fit a computer but at least they have no excuse for not fixing it properly now.
All the best --Innes

Return to “Compact Excavators”