Hanix.

Discuss compact excavators here

Topic author
IBH

Hanix.

Post #1 by IBH » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:54 pm

Not the most popular of makes, but I'm starting to see them about more regularly than I used to here and there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Localdiggers.co.uk

Re: Hanix.

Post #2 by Localdiggers.co.uk » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:18 am

we had one in the fleet for 6 weeks and to be fair after all the bad press i'd heard it was more refined than i'd expected, it had a feel very similar to the takeuchi. well powered too. cant speak for reliability but we'd take one on, my local dealer recently sold two 1.5t new machines at a little over 8k each!!!

jz145

Post #3 by jz145 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:52 am

Hi everyone, new to the forum! :D I must say i think Hanix are great machines, great reliability and nice and basic which add's to this. My father owns a H26c which is a great machine, best iv used in fact, and iv used Takeuchi's and Jcb's in the same weight category. Theyve got plenty of power, use it regularly to lift packs of bricks and carry across the site no problem, we mainly use a 2 foot 6 bucket, which when heaped will hold the same about as a 3cx bucket, and iv never had a problem with balance. Great value for money, if your looking for a mini, id seriously consider trying one of these before spending any pennies!

allistairc123

Post #4 by allistairc123 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:35 am

i spent a little time in a 5ton hanix i found the controls to be very smoothe,precise and easy, although this could be down to it also being a little slow. but a nice simple no frills machine all the same.

FOWLER MAN
Flag: Wales

Post #5 by FOWLER MAN » Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:41 pm

IBH wrote:Not the most popular of makes, but I'm starting to see them about more regularly than I used to here and there.

Hello all,
I have run Hanix diggers forabout 10 years and the Nissan before them.
Bought a new H30A in 1999 and couldn't fault it. It was supplied with steel tracks which it wore out and we replaced them with rubber.
Sold it on at 8 years old had no mechabical / hydraulic problems , only replaced one hose and some bucket pins and bushes in all that time.
Bought two more 18 months ago,(find them good machines) no problems yet.
Some of our Hanix photos below.
img025.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jz145

Post #6 by jz145 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:44 am

Fred, what's that H36R like to operate? Is it unbalanced at all?
Also, what dealer do you use, as there are now no Hanix main dealers in South Wales.
All the Best,
Ashley

FOWLER MAN

Post #7 by FOWLER MAN » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:40 am

Hello Ashley
The 36CR Is very smooth and responsive to operate. It has a fair spread of track under it so it is surprisingly
stable." No problems".
We had such good service out of the Hanix that when Cambrian gave up the dealership we went direct to Hanix at Denton, Manchester for the last two machines. There is a dealer in Mid Wales and in Bristol.
We have had no problems dealing direct.
Fred

jz145

Post #8 by jz145 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:02 pm

Ah yes, when we bought our Hanix it was because that Cambrian were main dealers, but by the end of the year they had ended the franchise. When we spoke to the sales rep down there they said they had stopped the franchise because the re-sale value on the Hanix machines isn't that great.
Have you by any chance done some work down in Radyr over the last year or so? Iv seen a H36R working, and as you know the are quite an uncommon machine down here.
Have you got plenty of work on at the moment?
All the best,
Ashley

FOWLER MAN

Post #9 by FOWLER MAN » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:29 pm

Yes Ashley, We have done two jobs with HANIX'S in Radyr recently, an R/C retaining wall alongside the road at The Green, Radyr. ( 36CR and 15B) And an R/C basement raft on piles with R/C retaining walls on three sides at the side of the main road.
We used our JS160 to do the excavation and handle materials,(long reach) and the 36CR in the hole to excavate the beams around the pile caps and do some hammer work.
We have been short of work earlier in the year but luckily we are flat out now and for the forseeable future.
Regards Fred.

jz145

Post #10 by jz145 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:25 pm

Beleive it our not i must have gone past you every day for about 10 weeks! We had our H26b just down the road from you in Elly! I remember your Js160 now, i said to my father how tidy the machine looked for its age! Was that your Case mini there too?
Ah thats great to hear Fred! Do you mind me asking what work you'v got on at the moment?
All the best,
Ashley!

Return to “Compact Excavators”