o

Discuss compact excavators here

Robban_C

Re: Machinery Movers mini excavator feature November 2008

Post #21 by Robban_C » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:09 pm

IANOZ wrote:HI Robert, We just dont go to work if the conditions are like what you seem to have to work in all the time. RANG my other JCB parts supplyer to day , they are saying their having no trouble getting parts out of uk . Looks to me that construction equipment australia the main dealers are giving these guys up here the run around, to teach the new kids on the block whos the boss. I should look first , to see if money converter goes from swedish to aussie$ What do you charge, hourly rate or quote on jobs? What do fitters charge an hour to fix machines ,whats your price for diesel??? IF I go back to see money converter I will lose this . I know I can convert ours back to english pounds IF you dont want anyone else to see rates PM me ALL right ill will leave you to it.IAN.

We usually don´t work under those conditions.

Are that Australian dollars and what are they worth if compared to English pounds or the Euro?

If I work on hourly rates I would charge 550 SEK/h for the digger and 600 SEK/h for the transports. But I usually do the projects on fixed prices.
A fitter would be about 500 SEK/h if he has lots of equipment and tools.
The diesel costs about 9-10 SEK/liter.

IANOZ wrote:aNOTHER COUPLE OF QUESTIONS, Do the pine trees grow any bigger ,are they naturally growing or a plantation as all look about the same size. Do you use teeth on your buckets or is ground soft enough to dig with scraper blades like you seem to have on all your buckets. JCB s come out with awfull bolt on teeth that dig absolutly buggerall out here .my buckets all have what we call tiger teeth on them.the tooth goes down to two sharp points and i can wear a set out in a day if the ground is hard ,300mm has 3 teeth 450 4,7505 teeth I buy them 100 at a time and cost $2000 plus freight of $125 to get them here from brisbane 550 km away. the photo where you were leveling for the cabin the ground looked firmer , how big are cabin blocks and how much are they worth ?Blocks of land were i am 800 sq mts are About $200000 ,with river or ocean views alot more,these blocks have water sewerage underground power and phone lines. some housing estates out of town have block from 4000 to 8000 sq mts but dont have sewerage and start from $315000. i was very lucky i bought my place [ got to go back to old fashion acres] 14 acres with large 2 bedroom house plus small 2 bedroom house plus 21by 12 metre sq shed for $300000 4 years ago. tell me what things are like there. ian
That pine tree you saw in the picture has grown there naturally.
They might become even bigger, I cut one down yesterday that was 30 inches in diameter.

I have some bucket with teeth and some with straight cutting edges, it all comes down to what type of work I´m doing and in what kind of ground.

The photo for a cottage/cabin has rock ground so all I had to do was to clean it from top soil.
Volvo EC45 PRO -06
Volvo EC35 -01
MB-Trac 800 turbo
Bigab 10-14 hook lift trailer
MF 3165, Poor Ferguson

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/RobbanxC

IANOZ

Post #22 by IANOZ » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:17 am

Hi robert , do a google search for ''xe currency converter'' it will change to your korna easy .your fuel is higher but that could be transport costs fitters are cheaper machine rate is about the same as we are charging for our 3 tonner your transport charge are a l ittle more than ours but noone wants to pay what trucks are worth .ian.

IANOZ

Post #23 by IANOZ » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:56 pm

hi robert, i find it amazing hardly any one else has looked at your photos.They all drewll over a machine sitting in an english street , You give them interesting action photos and they dont seem interested . Come on guys show some apprecation!!!!!!! WELL MATE I like them .GOT another 800km trip tomorrow to pick up the next toy .A fowler VF bulldozer.Next subject ,what do you do with the trees you have knocked over.? do you take them to a sawmill,or just turn them into firewood.That forrest where you put the powerline threw looked very thick,it must have been a real battle to get through.IF your pine trees there are anything like the ones here the root systeem takes alot of digging out .IF I ever got out of australia for holiday ,I always wanted to go to england to see the 2litre touring cars race ,watched it on tv and wanted to see it .NOW i Think I would like to go to sweden and see a real operator THANKS MATE .IAN :thumbs_up: :thu :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: mbs_up:

Robban_C

Post #24 by Robban_C » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:28 pm

Thanks Ian!
The trees in that powerline forest, I just threw them away, it was to far away and to much work to bring them home. It was to remote for saving the trees in an easy way with up to 1,5 km through the forrest where even a tractor has difficult finding its way.

The trees that I knocked down yesterday at another job will be taken home to make fire wood. I´m just about to get there and load some of them on my hook lift trailer, I´ll put some photos up later tonight in a new thread.

Yes, that forrest was a real pain in the a**. Roots, stumps, stones and a lot of travelling by tracks between the properties.

You should go for the Touring Cars instead! Best bang for the buck! :mrgreen:
Volvo EC45 PRO -06
Volvo EC35 -01
MB-Trac 800 turbo
MF 3165, Poor Ferguson

IANOZ

Post #25 by IANOZ » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:49 pm

HI robert, NO body else must come in here to look. IT seems like we are all on our own .POST AWAY MATE I think it's great, KEEP THE PHOTOS COMMING .ian.

Robban_C

Post #26 by Robban_C » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:26 pm

Ian, they don´t see it because it is an old thread and they don´t think there are anything interesting in an old thread.
If it was renamed "Pics of rusty, old scrapers" everyone would be interested. :mrgreen:
Volvo EC45 PRO -06
Volvo EC35 -01
MB-Trac 800 turbo
MF 3165, Poor Ferguson

IANOZ

Post #27 by IANOZ » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:55 pm

hi robert,mate it might be an old thread but soon as i posted on it ,it came to the top of the pile, and stayed there while we keep adding to it .I dont know about you but i try to look at each post that is current. I wonder , I bet if you mirror reverced a picture of your excavator so volvo was back to front they would be all over it!!!! nit picking what's wrong with it. ITS like they have all had a quick look and thought its only a swede and an aussie ,their not muck shifting [ what the hell is muck] i shift dirt, real dirt and i'm proud of it . I asked the question of holger and nick who are supposedly watching over all this ,if they would like to see more of your adventures / jobs, no responce I just look at the number of posts that both you and i have left and nobody replys. I dont beleive either of us post junk and i am almost offended that i dont get replys, the guys on the dozer forum with the fowler thread are great and very helpfull I look in at a lot of forums and i see you do too .because i am interested in a lot of things ,i look at forums ,just to have alook and i find interesting things in places that i didn't think would interrest me. I followed the thread of the young guy ''ben i think his name was''wanting to get a start as an operator ,i thought good on him sounds as keen as mustard lots of people offered him advice and support. After a while i think one of the nicks suggested he get a bulldozer ticket as there were job opening for dozer operators, but he said dozers did'nt interest him . Mate i sat on slow boring rollers going up and back up and back and up and back a whole lot morebecause it was a stepping stone to get to the next machine and the next machine. then some one else said companys in scotland where crying out for operators NO he says thats a bit to far from home. I think someone sugested the army and i realized he IS NOT AS KEEN AS I THOUGHT. so ben if you read this I love excavators but i drove a lot of other things before i got to sit in one and i like to think i am good at any of the machines i have been on .i can make a bobcat a backhoe a drott a loader a roller a tiptruck a dozer and an excavator do what i want them to do and i think thats a bit better than than goingup trying to get a job and saying I A 360 MAN I DONT DRIVE THAT OTHER CR&P . i would think arragant little $hit you arn't driving for me. SORRY ROBERT i shall get off my soapbox and go to bed ,got slightly sidetracked .LOOK forward to a reply or two or maybe none . atleast there is a nice volvo loving swede out there who takes the time to acknollage a fellow human from down under .ian

innes
Flag: Great Britain

Post #28 by innes » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:34 pm

IANOZ wrote:hi robert,mate it might be an old thread but soon as i posted on it ,it came to the top of the pile, and stayed there while we keep adding to it .I dont know about you but i try to look at each post that is current. I wonder , I bet if you mirror reverced a picture of your excavator so volvo was back to front they would be all over it!!!! nit picking what's wrong with it. ITS like they have all had a quick look and thought its only a swede and an aussie ,their not muck shifting [ what the hell is muck] i shift dirt, real dirt and i'm proud of it . I asked the question of holger and nick who are supposedly watching over all this ,if they would like to see more of your adventures / jobs, no responce I just look at the number of posts that both you and i have left and nobody replys. I dont beleive either of us post junk and i am almost offended that i dont get replys, the guys on the dozer forum with the fowler thread are great and very helpfull I look in at a lot of forums and i see you do too .because i am interested in a lot of things ,i look at forums ,just to have alook and i find interesting things in places that i didn't think would interrest me. I followed the thread of the young guy ''ben i think his name was''wanting to get a start as an operator ,i thought good on him sounds as keen as mustard lots of people offered him advice and support. After a while i think one of the nicks suggested he get a bulldozer ticket as there were job opening for dozer operators, but he said dozers did'nt interest him . Mate i sat on slow boring rollers going up and back up and back and up and back a whole lot morebecause it was a stepping stone to get to the next machine and the next machine. then some one else said companys in scotland where crying out for operators NO he says thats a bit to far from home. I think someone sugested the army and i realized he IS NOT AS KEEN AS I THOUGHT. so ben if you read this I love excavators but i drove a lot of other things before i got to sit in one and i like to think i am good at any of the machines i have been on .i can make a bobcat a backhoe a drott a loader a roller a tiptruck a dozer and an excavator do what i want them to do and i think thats a bit better than than goingup trying to get a job and saying I A 360 MAN I DONT DRIVE THAT OTHER CR&P . i would think arragant little $hit you arn't driving for me. SORRY ROBERT i shall get off my soapbox and go to bed ,got slightly sidetracked .LOOK forward to a reply or two or maybe none . atleast there is a nice volvo loving swede out there who takes the time to acknollage a fellow human from down under .ian

Hi Ian and Robert,
Like you I look at all the new posts and threads and usually find something interesting ,although my main interest is earthmoving equipment I like all types of machinery and have worked as a fitter on all types,earthmoving,quarry,blacktop, marine, I think the wider the variety and types/makes
you more experienced and gives you a better insight into different engineering applications and systems.If I was an trainee operator I would be looking at getting experience on all types of machine so that I would be attractive to a prospective employer, I've been on jobs in the UK and abroad where the the plant operators were expected to jump off an excavator and drive a scraper,dozer,loading shovel or whatever was required, if they complained they were told they were employed as a "plant"operator not just an excavator driver, machine breakdown, that's a fact of life and nobody wants the driver doing nothing when his machine is repaired.
I also had to go where the work was, including overseas but maybe thats not for everybody.In todays economic climate I think the more strings you have to your bow the better.
I just wish I spent more time learning about this bloody computer then maybe I wouln't lose things and end up doing them twice, :( still nobody's perfect.
Anyway whats wrong with rusty old scrapers :dizzy:
Haven't heard from Jim about the JCB computer saga :cry:

Martyn Henley

Post #29 by Martyn Henley » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:58 pm

Gentlmen..
I asked the question of holger and nick who are supposedly watching over all this ,if they would like to see more of your adventures / jobs, no responce I just look at the number of posts that both you and i have left and nobody replys. I dont beleive either of us post junk and i am almost offended that i dont get replys, the guys on the dozer forum with the fowler thread are great and very helpfull I look in at a lot of forums and i see you do too .because i am interested in a lot of things ,i look at forums ,just to have alook and i find interesting things in places that i didn't think would interrest me.

Can we please stick to the topic, probably the reason why no one has answered you Ian is perhaps because you are talking about about a subject from a totaly different thread, please if you have something to say then go and post your comments on that particular thread... example..
I followed the thread of the young guy ''ben i think his name was''wanting to get a start as an operator ,i thought good on him sounds as keen as mustard lots of people offered him advice and support. After a while i think one of the nicks suggested he get a bulldozer ticket as there were job opening for dozer operators, but he said dozers did'nt interest him . Mate i sat on slow boring rollers going up and back up and back and up and back a whole lot morebecause it was a stepping stone to get to the next machine and the next machine. then some one else said companys in scotland where crying out for operators NO he says thats a bit to far from home. I think someone sugested the army and i realized he IS NOT AS KEEN AS I THOUGHT. so ben if you read this I love excavators but i drove a lot of other things before i got to sit in one and i like to think i am good at any of the machines i have been on .i can make a bobcat a backhoe a drott a loader a roller a tiptruck a dozer and an excavator do what i want them to do and i think thats a bit better than than goingup trying to get a job and saying I A 360 MAN I DONT DRIVE THAT OTHER CR&P . i would think arragant little $hit you arn't driving for me

Now if Ben was reading this, in his thread, he would more than likely take in what you have to say ... so please lets talk about subjects in their own threads, that way we all know what has been said.

Heres a tip ..when you first come online click the veiw new posts button, that way you will see what new topics and threads have been started since you last logged in ..

Thank you
Martyn

innes

Post #30 by innes » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:51 am

Martyn Henley wrote:Gentlmen..
I asked the question of holger and nick who are supposedly watching over all this ,if they would like to see more of your adventures / jobs, no responce I just look at the number of posts that both you and i have left and nobody replys. I dont beleive either of us post junk and i am almost offended that i dont get replys, the guys on the dozer forum with the fowler thread are great and very helpfull I look in at a lot of forums and i see you do too .because i am interested in a lot of things ,i look at forums ,just to have alook and i find interesting things in places that i didn't think would interrest me.

Can we please stick to the topic, probably the reason why no one has answered you Ian is perhaps because you are talking about about a subject from a totaly different thread, please if you have something to say then go and post your comments on that particular thread... example..
I followed the thread of the young guy ''ben i think his name was''wanting to get a start as an operator ,i thought good on him sounds as keen as mustard lots of people offered him advice and support. After a while i think one of the nicks suggested he get a bulldozer ticket as there were job opening for dozer operators, but he said dozers did'nt interest him . Mate i sat on slow boring rollers going up and back up and back and up and back a whole lot morebecause it was a stepping stone to get to the next machine and the next machine. then some one else said companys in scotland where crying out for operators NO he says thats a bit to far from home. I think someone sugested the army and i realized he IS NOT AS KEEN AS I THOUGHT. so ben if you read this I love excavators but i drove a lot of other things before i got to sit in one and i like to think i am good at any of the machines i have been on .i can make a bobcat a backhoe a drott a loader a roller a tiptruck a dozer and an excavator do what i want them to do and i think thats a bit better than than goingup trying to get a job and saying I A 360 MAN I DONT DRIVE THAT OTHER CR&P . i would think arragant little $hit you arn't driving for me

Now if Ben was reading this, in his thread, he would more than likely take in what you have to say ... so please lets talk about subjects in their own threads, that way we all know what has been said.

Heres a tip ..when you first come online click the veiw new posts button, that way you will see what new topics and threads have been started since you last logged in ..

Thank you
Martyn

Fair enough Martyn,I'm guilty as well, I stand corrected
Innes

Return to “Compact Excavators”