My first purchase of any heavy equipment was this Takeuchi TB 016. I gave loved it.
The pivot pin broke and the dealer is quoting me $320 plus shipping. I wonder if anyone could help explain a couple of questions I gave.
1) I have a Tag bucket with a thumb on the aux. I assume that makes it wider and I probably don't have/need the stock original pin
2) my aux pedal was sticking and I had to remember to tap it with my toe to release. I assume that was not good for the pin!
3) is there any well-known place to go to to get this pin for a lot less than 350 bucks.
4) if I have to go to a machine shop, what is the steel spec? I think I've seen 4140 mentioned elsewhere.
5) the thumb seems bent a little. Not sure how that happened. A) will that make it hard to get the pin back on? B) is that easy to straighten or am I going to break it by pounding on it?
Thanks to all!
Discuss compact excavators here
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest