Coleman & Co

Discuss demolition equipment here

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Re: Coleman & Co

Post #411 by Jeremy Rowland » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:38 pm

A couple more from todays venture; in the last picture the line of buildings that are along Bull Street which is the road you can see are also due for demolition as is the building on the far right which is partly down already, from what I can gather Coleman's already have got the contract to demolish these. The two shops that are still open will shortly close, the street where Coleman's are currently working, they have already demolished a building at the far end of the same road and I have posted pictures in this same topic of that earlier demo job.

Jeremy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Post #412 by Jeremy Rowland » Mon May 20, 2013 7:56 pm

I see that Coleman's have finally started demo work on the row of shops in Bull Street, West Bromwich. I have a couple of days holiday to use before the end of the month so I decided to take a look at the progress, sadly no demo today just material sorting. The big 850 is also back on site to start taking down the one high building on the site that you can make out in the background of the last picture posted in the previous post.

Jeremy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Post #413 by Jeremy Rowland » Thu May 23, 2013 7:00 pm

Got chance for a quick visit today but the cleaning up operation is still on going, I believe there is a problem why the demolition has temporarily halted.

Jeremy

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Post #414 by Jeremy Rowland » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:13 pm

I see Coleman's have moved their 850 machine in ready for the kill at the Overend st site, I will try and get half a day tomorrow and see if I can catch some of the demolition work being carried out. I still have a few shots of this machine having maintenance carried out on the demolition shear just last Friday but have not had time to upload them from my other camera.

Jeremy

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Post #415 by Jeremy Rowland » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:16 pm

First couple of pics were taken last week and show one of the 850's demolition shears undergoing some maintenance.

Well I went down to this site today to try and catch the 850 at work which it was not; I had failed to spot the blindingly obvious reason why it was not at work!
Coleman's had been using a demolition shear that was too heavy for the machine to handle and the result can be seen in the pictures below.

Jeremy

bigkit
Flag: Great Britain

Post #416 by bigkit » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:39 pm

If thats a Kocurek arm thats not uncommon. That'll be two in two months, the others was Dortons! Still I think they have them in stock :lol:

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Post #417 by Jeremy Rowland » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:38 am

bigkit wrote:If thats a Kocurek arm thats not uncommon. That'll be two in two months, the others was Dortons! Still I think they have them in stock :lol:

Yes Clive I am pretty sure it's a Kocurek arm on the 850; this site is local to me and I would like to get a few pictures of the building coming down, it will be interesting to see how long it takes to get the machine fixed. :think:

Jeremy

Jack

Post #418 by Jack » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:57 am

Oh bugger! Erm, boss...........

Great picture Jeremy!

bigkit
Flag: Great Britain

Post #419 by bigkit » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:24 am

Not too big a deal Jeremy as long as its only the ram thats damaged. You just need some big spanners and a decent crane lorry! :lol:

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Post #420 by Jeremy Rowland » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:33 pm

bigkit wrote:Not too big a deal Jeremy as long as its only the ram thats damaged. You just need some big spanners and a decent crane lorry! :lol:

Your not far wrong either Clive they soon have it back up and running but I doubt that I will be able to get any pics of it in action because most of the building is down now.

Jeremy

Return to “Demolition Equipment”