Misc Demo pics

Discuss demolition equipment here

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Misc Demo pics

Post #1 by Jeremy Rowland » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:59 pm

Hi folks,

Thought I'd start this thread here for those of us who like me who have the odd pic or two thats related to demolition but not enough to start a full thread on.
Last week as I visited a good friend of mine in Dudley I noticed that another local pub near to where she lives was boarded round for demolition, this week as we walked into Dudley I took this pic of the remains of the "The Struggling Man" public house which lost its final struggle for existence along with a factory a hundred yards or so futher up the road.
Once again and like the old "Selbourne" public house that was just over the road it will be housing of poor quality thats not as big as a dolls house inside and over priced to boot that will now be built on these two pieces of land.
I really don't understand how these people can remotely contemplate just how they think the ordinary working man can afford these over priced dolls houses? :roll:
Anyway I managed a snap of the JCB JS130 machine that has flattened the old pub, interestingly there had been another JS130 delivered to site while we were out round Dudley but the light had deteriorated to the point that it was not worth trying to take a pic.

Jeremy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Re: Misc Demo pics

Post #2 by Jeremy Rowland » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:15 am

Here's a couple of pics I took yesterday as I was passing what had once been another popular public house :(
Looks like another housing project and this particular pub has a large carpark so I guess they will manage to cram quite a few "little boxes" on there then. :roll:

Jeremy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Neversweat
Flag: Great Britain

Post #3 by Neversweat » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:36 pm

Some i took of the local care home being demolished..................

Trafalger Court 007.jpg

Trafalger Court 002.jpg

Trafalger Court 008.jpg

TRAFALGER COURT 001.jpg

Steve

Neversweat

Post #4 by Neversweat » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:47 pm

Local care home being demolished - built early 80's - now too costly to re-furb :?:

TRAFALGER 004.jpg

Trafalger Court 007.jpg

Trafalger Court 008.jpg

Trafalger Court 011.jpg

Trafalger Court 004.jpg

Trafalger.jpg

Steve :thumbup:

Joes1989

Post #5 by Joes1989 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:40 pm

Theres going to be some demo around me soon! An old church is being demo'd and a new one built in its place!

Neversweat

Post #6 by Neversweat » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:49 pm

Old Thames Water building in our village...........

THEALE - TW 003.jpg

THEALE - TW 002.jpg

THEALE - TW 001.jpg

Steve :thumbup:

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Post #7 by Jeremy Rowland » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:39 pm

There is a major re-construction of what was the Burnt tree island junction that is going on just outside of Dudley, next to there was a 24hr Tesco super store that is 18 years old and behind all of that was a large complex of shops such as Wickes etc......

That was until Tesco bought all of the land and had those shops demolished and is also now in the process of demolishing its own store to replace it with a much larger store costing £75 million :shock:

You have to sell some goods to make back £75 million, I guess every little helps!!!

I took these pics today of Bath Demolition in action they have four New Holland-Kobelco machines at work taking down this virtually new building............. what a waste!!

Jeremy

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Post #8 by Jeremy Rowland » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:40 pm

There is another steel mill that has recently closed and that is a company called W Wesson at Moxley.
They used to have a couple of large Jones cranes one of which I may of posted a picture of on this site in the crane section. Well I noticed that demolition had started there a week or so back but there is still a large amount of land to be cleared.
Not too sure who the contractor is but they have two Doosan DX300 machines on site, I reckon they will need a high reach machine on site too?

Jeremy

samk706

Post #9 by samk706 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:44 pm

hi Jeremy, nice pics :claphands: i know moxley is by wendsbury, but where abouts is this site, and the other week i took some pics of the burnt tree island tesco site, can i post them here with the ones you took?

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Post #10 by Jeremy Rowland » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:32 pm

Hi Sam post your Tesco demo pics here by all means, the site of Wessons is on the corner of Bull Lane, Moxley.
If you follow the dual carriageway out of Wednesbury past where the old Patent Shaft Steelworks was, Bull Lane is the last turn on the left before you reach the traffic lights by the Aldi and Rickards truck breakers.
It is a large site and there is plenty left to be cleared, it covers the area from the corner of Bull Lane upto the traffic lights and along the side of the Walsall canal.

Jeremy

Return to “Demolition Equipment”