H.E. Humphries

Discuss demolition equipment here

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

H.E. Humphries

Post #1 by Jeremy Rowland » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:50 pm

The above company has been a local demolition contractor since I was a kid (thats a long time ago now :lol: ).
Well ten years ago now the local council decided to compulsory purchase the street of houses in which I then lived, there was some big London company going to re-develop the land and so the street of houses were duly demolished along with half of the old Hunt Bros foundry which was at the other end of the road.
Then it all went belly up and the land remained unused until now, so now Humphries have cleared whats left of the old foundry and are busily clearing a couple of old industrial units.
Today I managed to get a few pics, you will see that the Cat235 is the same machine that John345me posted a pic of the other day.
The first thing that drew my attention as I watched a worker dieseling her up for the day was that the pin that fastens the dipper to the boom had worked its way half way out :shock:
I did of course point this out to a site operative who informed the manager and operator, took a few shots of them knocking it back into place, did they secure it NO :doh:
Anyway here's the pics...........

Jeremy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Neversweat
Flag: Great Britain

Re: H.E. Humphries

Post #2 by Neversweat » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:28 pm

Great pics Jeremy :thumbup: How old would that machine be roughly ? Were you not tempted to keep quiet about the pin and hang about till it fell out :D :D :D

Steve

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Post #3 by Jeremy Rowland » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:41 pm

Neversweat wrote:Great pics Jeremy :thumbup: How old would that machine be roughly ? Were you not tempted to keep quiet about the pin and hang about till it fell out :D :D :D

Steve

Oh yes evil Jeremy was very tempted to watch the pin fall out :lol:
it may yet fall out as they didn't bother to secure it, more fool them if it does now.
Humphries have owned that machine for quite sometime now and it must be at least around 16 years old now :o so quite an old machine. They also have a new Hyundai Robex 320 on site which I will post the pics of latter when I've re-sized em all.

Jeremy

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Post #4 by Jeremy Rowland » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:30 pm

Right then here's a few more pics from today, EMR is one of the larger scrap handling companies in this area and remove large quantities of scrap metal from many local demolition sites including this one.
A few pics of Humphries Hyundai loading one of EMR's Scania artics, will try and get more pics if time and weather permit.

Jeremy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Post #5 by Jeremy Rowland » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:02 am

Here's a few more pics that I've re-sized including some of the remaining part of the old Hunt Bros Foundry (now demolished) and also the Peabody engineering company thats in the process of being taken down.
I managed to get just a few pics today as I have been otherwise occupied and one observation that make me chuckle was watching the driver of Humphries Cat have trouble with the machines cab door, the latch must be broken as he has it tied shut with rope :lol: I'm sure I saw Mickey mouse on site too if you know what I mean :lol:

Jeremy

IBH

Post #6 by IBH » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:39 pm

Nice photos Jeremy.
H.E. Humphries don't seem to be the most progressive of companies- with the exception of the Hyundai all their plant and vehicles I've seen about seen about seems to be at least ten years old. The first time I saw what is probably that same Hyundai I couldn't quite believe they'd bought a new excavator!

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Post #7 by Jeremy Rowland » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:25 pm

IBH wrote:Nice photos Jeremy.
H.E. Humphries don't seem to be the most progressive of companies- with the exception of the Hyundai all their plant and vehicles I've seen about seen about seems to be at least ten years old. The first time I saw what is probably that same Hyundai I couldn't quite believe they'd bought a new excavator!

A little bird told me they had little choice but to buy new machinery if they wanted to continue to belong to the Federation of Demolition contractors. :think: :lol:

Jeremy

john345me

Post #8 by john345me » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:50 pm

:dizzy: it must be a pain having a fixed jaw shear :arrrrgh: than a 360 jaw but this is humphries :doh: and yes jeremy it right about the nfdc :lol:

big soup

Post #9 by big soup » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:09 pm

yes thats right john the nfdc come round every year or two to evaluate your company,plant,and safe methods of work, i think they work on a points scheme with so many needed to remain on nfdc contractors list. we had them in about a month ago everything went well.
fortune favours the brave

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Post #10 by Jeremy Rowland » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:16 pm

Thought I'd pop over to see how the clearance of the old Peabody factory is going on, as you can see they isn't very much left now.

Jeremy

Return to “Demolition Equipment”