crushers

Discuss demolition equipment here

Topic author
john345me

crushers

Post #1 by john345me » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:03 pm

not seen many crushers on here so here is a few that i have seen over the years :thumbs_up: has any body else had much to do with crushing :!:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nick Drew

Re: crushers

Post #2 by Nick Drew » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:01 pm

Not done a lot of that myself, just the odd few days here and there.

Found it to be a bit tedious to be honest, but like most things its a case of horses for courses, some chaps love it tho !

Nick

Joes1989
Flag: Great Britain

Post #3 by Joes1989 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:26 pm

Ive had a couple of weeks of crushing in our recycling yard, Using either our ZX210LC-3 or the PC180LC-7 to load our Terex Pegson XR400, Its ok, nice to have a steady week if you've been busy for a while before it, i can only take a couple of weeks at it then im pulling my hair out.

Joe

Hugh Jaleak

Post #4 by Hugh Jaleak » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:10 am

I had a spell with my old firm on crushing concrete and hardcore. We started with an old Parker machine, and our JCB 818 loading it. Taff and I got through some stuff with it, it was a rare old beast but did the job, Cat engine sounded nice when it was working! Will never forget the day Taff decided to try and help a 'plank' of concrete in with his foot, I thought he'd lost it (his foot).... Got away with broken Metatarsal, I'm sure that bloke had 9 lives.... Certainly not machines to argue with. Im proud to say (sad I know), that a good few tonnes that we produced was used for sub base on my local Asda store.

The Parker machine was hired in, boss eventually decided it was more cost effective to buy his own, so we got a Terex Pegson Metrotrak. Again Cat engine, but a multitude of probs right from the start with that engine. Finally, after replacing loads of parts it ran properly, and knocked the socks off the Parker machine. Unsurprisingly, Taff was taken off it (for safety reasons!), and management decreed only trained operators could then use it. The supervisor and his buddy got themselves on the course, no-one else got a look in. They soon wrecked the old JCB between them, (ran her hydraulic tank dry, pump didnt like it one little bit...), so when I left, a Cat 312 was hired in for a week as required to load. Taff and I commented on the quality of the product, this was before several loads were rejected, but the management knew best.....

Hammer man

Post #5 by Hammer man » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:06 pm

I spent a year or so crushing before my breaking job,mainly holiday cover etc,then 6 mths start to finish on my own job with a Nordberg/Metso LT1213 Impactor,on a good day doing 1500 ton plus,feeding with a Hit ZX250.Used to like it,but you need a good driver on the loading shovel & team work when things dont go right.The 6 mth job i had my friend on the shovel,so when things DID go wrong,we worked together to fix them.Theres nothing worse than having a blockage & being the only one trying to unblock it.Impactors are the best as you can put anything through them,put shitty/clayish in a jaw & the clay can clog it.Theres also a fair bit of pressure,as the more tonage you do,the more money the firm gets paid,though we dont get a bonus.
Have used Nordberg/Metso Impactor,Jaw,cone,Pegson jaw,Finlay & Powerscreen screeners.The only thing i did`nt like about crushing were the diggers & loading shovels.Your flat out trying to keep up feeding with a 21/25 ton machine,& likewise with a Volvo L120 shovel.I have feed with my 35 ton machine,which is better.But our firm still uses 25 ton machines.
2004 Hit ZX350,9556 hrs
2007 ZX350/3,6000 hrs,now with just over 10000 hrs!!!

tim

Post #6 by tim » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:05 am

Scene from a London demolition site in the 80's this is a Brown Lenox Kue Ken crusher,very popular in their time :thumbs_up: Tim
TD1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hammer man

Post #7 by Hammer man » Wed May 06, 2009 10:15 pm

Here 1 of our Metso LT1213 Locotrack Impactors i full flow on the job i`m on at the moment.The hammers are being replaced in it tomorrow so will give me some time to catch up with the breaking,that is if i`m not needed to lend a hand.
06052009067.jpg
2004 Hit ZX350,9556 hrs
2007 ZX350/3,6000 hrs,now with just over 10000 hrs!!!

andrew campbell

Post #8 by andrew campbell » Wed May 06, 2009 10:35 pm

I worked in a sand and gravel quarry that used a Tesab impact crusher with a Cat 3306 engine. The hammers needed changing every four days, what a miserable job that was in the rain. I fed it via an Extec screen with a Cat 980 usally 1000 tons a day, it got mind numingly boring after four weeks :dizzy: . I stuck it for eighteen weeks then went on a new Daowoo 300 which was a relief :P .

si25

Post #9 by si25 » Wed May 06, 2009 11:27 pm

worked for a year and a half with several quarries, limestone, gravel, did quite a bit of work with face mounted parker crushing and screening equipment, mobile crushing plant, mobile screeners and reclaimers and associated kit.
learnt a great deal in that time.
"toy soldier"

dig deep pile high

Post #10 by dig deep pile high » Thu May 07, 2009 3:30 pm

Did a lot of crushing with the last firm i worked for, both in quarries and recycled. I enjoyed it when all was working ok but can be a nightmare when things go wrong.
Trouble is when you have a lot of kit working in line. (Jaw crusher feeding cone, cone feeding screen etc) Only takes a blockage in one bit of kit and before you know it there all banged up!
As some one else has said its all about team work. A good gang working together makes life easier for all concerned. The guy on the loader has the hardest job if he has to stockpile off assorted belts and load lorries as well!! Size of loader is crucial.
Recycled is a different ball game. The guy loading the crusher needs his wits about him if the feed stock is full of re bar and other nastys. Belt rips are common if it is just thrown in with no thought.
The demo firm i worked for's main concern was to get the building on the floor and let us poor sods deal with it afterwards!!
Put a good team together and its supprising what tons you can fire through a day.
On the whole i really enjoyed it.

Return to “Demolition Equipment”