DSM Demolition

Discuss demolition equipment here

Jeremy Rowland

Re: DSM Demolition

Post #61 by Jeremy Rowland » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:42 pm

Finally got back to this site today; at last the EX1200 in action :thumbup: will try and post a few more photos tomorrow.

Jeremy

Jeremy Rowland

Post #62 by Jeremy Rowland » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:42 pm

A few more that I took on Saturday.

Jeremy

Jeremy Rowland

Post #63 by Jeremy Rowland » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:46 pm

Today's plans to visit my 580BT had been put on hold due me catching the tail end of that nasty tummy bug that's been doing the rounds :( Anyway as the weather was good today and I was feeling well enough to get out of the house for a bit I popped over to Brum to see the progression of work on the old library demolition.
I took over 200 pics here's a few; notice the concrete vertical pillars appear to be secured only at the top end, the machine was working close to the Adrian Boult Hall and as some of these pillars fell the workers had to check that they were not hitting this building, the machine operator tried to remove some of the closer ones by chopping them first if you look carefully in one of the last photos you can see the precise puncture marks the machines shear has made through one of these facia pillars. I was informed that the work is due to continue for at least another four months.

Jeremy

Jeremy Rowland

Post #64 by Jeremy Rowland » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:51 pm

Sorry posted in more than one hit!

Jeremy Rowland

Post #65 by Jeremy Rowland » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:03 pm

I was over in the city today doing some work for another company that the directors of my company own; I decided on the way home to nip in and take a look at how demolition was progressing on the old library, to my surprise DSM now own a Liebherr 984 this one is the largest in the UK and came from Australia!
I was informed that the machine which has a 72mtr reach came down from Glasgow last night and is joining the 65mtr EX1200 already on site. While I was there the machine was being rigged but can't go into action tomorrow as it has to have satellite location fitted to it; this is because the Queensway tunnel passes underneath the site which has sensors fitted to monitor the tunnel while the work progresses overhead. There are also four other tunnels that pass beneath the site; these are 200' below ground level and were built at the height of the 'cold war' the idea being that the councillors could all escape a nuke attack while good old 'Joe public' gets fried.
Unfortunately for the elite these tunnels were quickly rendered obsolete by more powerful nukes; what a shame for them not :lol:
I had wondered about machines working on this site knowing what was below although I suspected that the weight of the building being demolished far outweighs all of the kit DSM have on the site by a very wide margin although the buildings weight is more evenly distributed, anyway no chance of the ground opening up and swallowing one of the machines.
The EX670 had blown a ram and was in the process of being fitted with a long reach arm.

Jeremy

Tracshovel
Flag: France

Post #66 by Tracshovel » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:01 pm

That Liebherr does not belong to DSM......it is only on hire to them. It belongs to Dem-Master of Scotland. Further more it has never been to Australia.......only France where it was made then Glasgow where it has spent the last two years on and off. If you look at the track frames you will see them covered with a white sticker covering the name Dem-Master. It probably is the largest TUHD in the UK along with TDS machine which is pretty close in spec.

Jeremy Rowland

Post #67 by Jeremy Rowland » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:33 pm

Tracshovel wrote:That Liebherr does not belong to DSM......it is only on hire to them. It belongs to Dem-Master of Scotland. Further more it has never been to Australia.......only France where it was made then Glasgow where it has spent the last two years on and off. If you look at the track frames you will see them covered with a white sticker covering the name Dem-Master. It probably is the largest TUHD in the UK along with TDS machine which is pretty close in spec.

Thanks Tracshovel you must be correct because there was a Dem-Master fitters van rigging the machine so somebody at DSM has their info wrong. :thumbup:

Jeremy

Jeremy Rowland

Post #68 by Jeremy Rowland » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:36 am

I have meant to post these but just not had the chance anyway here goes; on a shopping trip to Brum a couple of weeks or so back I came across this DSM Hyundai 520 HR machine doing a bit of tidying up work by the look of it.

Jeremy

Jeremy Rowland

Post #69 by Jeremy Rowland » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:39 pm

Some more photos taken a couple of weeks or so back now that I have been meaning to post; the demolition has now moved to take down the vantage point I once had to take some of the earlier shots in this topic; there is now a new structure that has appeared over the land where the old Birmingham library was taken down.

Jeremy

FOWLER MAN
Flag: Wales

Post #70 by FOWLER MAN » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:59 pm

All brilliant pics. Jeremy :bow:
Thanks for posting. :thumbup:
Fred

Return to “Demolition Equipment”