AR Demolition.

Discuss demolition equipment here

Topic author
Hugh Jaleak
Flag: Great Britain

AR Demolition.

Post #1 by Hugh Jaleak » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:44 am

AR demolition are currently on the tail end of clearing the majority of a former shoe factory near me. The original Victorian section is being kept, (for conversion into flats I presume as I believe it has been listed.) Clean and efficient operation and some superb kit on site and on the road. Unfortunately didn't manage to get a picture of their Volvo Roll on/roll off truck, but along with 2 Hitachi 225's they are using this interesting piece of kit. Kiesel Multi Carrier, based on a Hitachi, but with the ability to interchange booms in minutes without the operator leaving the cab.

Coupled with what looks like the 'Oil Quick' system, all the machines are swapping tools in seconds and have ruthlessly worked their way through the building, returning the site back to earth.

When I think back some 28 years, and a similar sized factory was being pulled down using an O&K RH9, Cat 215, and Cat 955. No demo guards on the cabs, not a hard hat or hi viz in sight, and no fencing even around the site! How times have changed, and in this game only for the better thankfully.

Jeremy Rowland

Re: AR Demolition.

Post #2 by Jeremy Rowland » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:45 am

Thanks for sharing :thumbup: it appears that this sort of thing is happening all round the country at this rate we will be a nation of shop keepers.

Jeremy

Return to “Demolition Equipment”