hydrovane

Post #1 by 3CMK1 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:17 am

Hey guys
Any idea on production dates of the hydrovane 90d compressor
Cheers

martyn williams

Re: hydrovane

Post #2 by martyn williams » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:46 am

There were three variations, I am not too sure of the first build date but must have been late 1960's.They had folding access doors and two steel cylindrical fuel tanks joined together with a balance pipe hose,tanks bolted to the roof of the machine.Engine dials were mounted on the left side of the engine.
The 90 DSS , super silenced, must have been made from late 1970's on.These had canopy doors that were not split in two.The fuel tank was plastic,they had soundprofing foam, and a plastic tray under the engine / compressor bay.The fuel tanks were prone to leakage at the pipe connections.The dials on this later model were behind a flap on the top front of the machine.Bothe powered by a Perkins 4.108 coupled to a Hydrovane 66 air end.
They were popular with councils as a single tool machine
The shape of the canopy was then changes at a later date, along with a different engine,some were fitted with a generator for 110 v power tools.
My 1970 machine has a thermo start cold start device,fuel is heated in the intake manifold,it sometimes goes pop and scares the crap out of you :lol: Hope this helps ?
Martyn
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

martyn williams

Re: hydrovane

Post #3 by martyn williams » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:39 pm

Just serviced and fitted brand new ends to my Hydrovane,also give it a service as its done nearly 300 hours since its first restoration.
Hello Julian ( Steelfab ) remember the state this machine was when I got it :lol:
Martyn
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Construction Equipment”